Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I’m at a wedding tomorrow. It’s all about the discreet iPhone placement. Just hope we don’t score as the service gets to the part about any objections…

YESSS!!!!! 

1 hour ago, PhilT said:

I’m at a wedding tomorrow. It’s all about the discreet iPhone placement. Just hope we don’t score as the service gets to the part about any objections…

YESSS!!!!! 

I saw the funniest video several years ago of a wedding in Spain I think,  where a guy was sort of crouched down and suddenly leapt up and screamed "GOOOOOOOOOOOAL" at the top of his voice, the entire ceremony stopped and he looked like he wanted to melt into the earth. I certainly hope it was a UCL final or something, lol.

6 hours ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Arsenal fans have always been super snobby about us. That 0-0 at the Emirates really made them lose their mind for some reason - not even a bad result.

When you have the moat pathetic football chant going today, that you mumble throughout games Aaarrsss-Nal Aaarrrss-Nal Aaaarrss-Nal, yes they are bunch of snobby entitlrd cunts.

8 hours ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Arsenal fans have always been super snobby about us. That 0-0 at the Emirates really made them lose their mind for some reason - not even a bad result.

I don't know, that video posted by ExiledGeordie seems to suggest otherwise. I've never seen anything but nice things from their fans. They seem to be one of the few fans that actually respect us and the progress we've made whereas most other fans just cry about the money, how we've been lucky and how they'll absolutely smash us.

1 hour ago, mikejaxer said:

I don't know, that video posted by ExiledGeordie seems to suggest otherwise. I've never seen anything but nice things from their fans. They seem to be one of the few fans that actually respect us and the progress we've made whereas most other fans just cry about the money, how we've been lucky and how they'll absolutely smash us.

That’s my (online) impression. 

If we can get an early lead in this Arsenal could crumble. It mentally can’t be easy for them throwing their title advantage away and if we can get an advantage early with a crowd that’s up for it then they might fold like they did last season. 

Would be pleased with a point. 

They have no margin for error, draw and they could be 6 points behind City before they play next, lose and it could be 7

For us, a loss doesn't completely damage our objective, we'd still be looking to get 7 (or 6) from 12 points

Hopefully that added pressure combined with the atmosphere will allow us to control the game

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Twitter rumours (so probably bollocks) that Isak and Wilson start tomorrow.

I'm not on twitter so my earlier post just means me and Eddie are on the same wavelength.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’m at work so will miss all of this, last two times this happened we beat spurs 6-1 and Everton 4-1 so excepting a 5-1 today.

So basically, you need to be at work whenever we play?

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Twitter rumours (so probably bollocks) that Isak and Wilson start tomorrow.

Feels like it almost has to be, doesn't it?

We've looked dreadful the last two games that Gordon started on the left, can't imagine we'll go back to that well in such a big game. There's just not enough quality on the ball with any wing pairing from Gordon/Murphy/Almiron. Sounds like Maxi will be on the bench, at best.

I guess it'll come down to whether Longstaff is fit to play and even if he is whether Eddie will be happy to start a player who I believe hasn't trained all week.

If so, we'll get the Joelinton and Willock LCM and LW double act with Murphy on the right and Isak up top.

If not, it's Wilson and Isak time.

More good measured discussion and respect from an Arsenal fan this time from Gallowgate shots which is probably my favourite fanzine (well informed, good discussion, funny, don’t take themselves too seriously etc)

Arsenal lad pinpoints right CB (probably Kiwior) and Zinchenkos defensive weaknesses as key areas to target for us.

Gut feeling is it’ll be the Joe/Jow combo on the left and Longstaff will make it.

Pope, Tripps, Schar, Botman, Burn, Longstaff, Bruno, Willock, Joelinton, Murphy, Isak.

Then Miggy, Wilson, Gordon available off the bench