Leeds United 2-2 Newcastle United (13/05/2023)

Disco

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Bruno was absolutely anonymous and their mid is legit terrible. Weird to see him like this 

He was poor, the pitch seems to be under watered as the ball is moving very slowly. 

Guest reefatoon

Isak is completely wasted out left, so glad to see that changed and him move in behind Wilson. Think it has to be one or the other playing. Almiron has been shite and frustrating as fuck not using his right foot. I’d take him off for maybe Gordon. 

Edited by reefatoon

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Bruno was absolutely anonymous and their mid is legit terrible. Weird to see him like this 

He started slowly but his passing is key. He’s putting some nice slotted through balls in and it was his ball to Isak that led to the pen

Just now, Ronaldo said:

I just don’t get why you’d put our best player where he can be kept out of the game playing a supporting role.

It's hardly an insane approach to at least attempt to find a way to include all your best goalscorers, like. It hasn't worked and he's already changed it, so it's not really a big deal at this point imo. 

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I just don’t get why you’d put our best player where he can be kept out of the game playing a supporting role.

Isak can play there, but it’s not where we should deploy him really. Needs to start centrally with the option of going two up top by bringing Wilson on if needed. I can only assume ASM wasn’t match fit and Howe (quite rightly) doesn’t trust Gordon or Anderson sufficiently yet to start in such a crunch game.

Eddie has this team playing at the very limits of its technical ability, and at times - like when Miggy gets the ball - that shows. 

All to Eddie's credit that he's managed to squeeze so much out of the talent at his disposal though.

We should still win, but our lack of pace at the back is being exploited.

Very low quality half and we're very lucky to be in this position. Hopefully the players realise that and they sort themselves out. For all the talk of missing Longstaff and the change in system, it's very basic sloppiness from too many players that's the main issue for me. 

It got better as the half went on, but if we can sort that out it'll make all the difference. Imo Leeds will score again so we need to get our hands around this like we did as the game wore on at Everton.

Just now, nufcjb said:

Our defence looks so shaky. Really miss the clean sheet streak back 4. Same players, just a bit of different self-belief.

Get pulled apart so easily. Again, I think it shows how much longstaff is a miss. Bruno hasn't been up for it as a FM lately and Joe needs to be higher.