Newcastle United 4-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (18/05/2023)

Yorkie

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Near identical experience. :lol: Only said "yes!" on the replay.

You could see the lino doing the 'he's on!' thing with his flag and not just letting it play out so was expecting him to be on but the first replay was still a relief. :lol:

27 minutes ago, Smal said:

no it isn’t, it’s 100% Caicedo / #25. He’s already past Estupinian.

here’s another frame with his shirt number before he falls flat on his arse, bro

image.thumb.jpeg.dc1e77b650aca435d1d4ea1ad8ba74fe.jpeg

Thanks for correction mate.

Encisco posted quite a long note on his Instagram stories calling Miggy an idol of his, thanking him broadly and for the chat at the end of the game - and says he apologised to Miggy and he's sorry for the image he left (I suppose for the image of arguing with another more senior Paraguayan?), and that he's young and learning.

Edited by Superior Acuña

1 hour ago, Superior Acuña said:

Encisco posted quite a long note on his Instagram stories calling Miggy an idol of his, thanking him broadly and for the chat at the end of the game - and says he apologised to Miggy and he's sorry for the image he left (I suppose in particular to Paraguayan fans), and that he's young and learning.

Sounds like he wants a move north...

2 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Encisco posted quite a long note on his Instagram stories calling Miggy an idol of his, thanking him broadly and for the chat at the end of the game - and says he apologised to Miggy and he's sorry for the image he left (I suppose for the image of arguing with another more senior Paraguayan?), and that he's young and learning.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/18/almiron-enciso-paraguay-newcastle-brighton

Some context in here. Almiron has made Newcastle massive in their neck of the woods. Enciso idolised him so much he was afraid to ask for his shirt after a national game lol.

The pressing in that first half was unreal like.

I was astounded they kept repeatedly trying to play out short from goal kicks. Kept getting caught every time. Lost the ball over and over in dangerous positions but didn't see fit to change it up. 

Thought we were excellent all over the pitch. Poor for our goal and we really really need to make more of our chances. Almiron was great but I wish he'd regain some of that composure from earlier in the season. 

Well deserved.

26 minutes ago, 54 said:

Tindall :lol:

Also, the squad seemingly love Murphy.

Murph is a popular guy. Definite squad member for next season, don’t want to lose that camaraderie.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I was astounded they kept repeatedly trying to play out short from goal kicks. Kept getting caught every time. Lost the ball over and over in dangerous positions but didn't see fit to change it up. 

I mentioned this yesterday to Kid Icarus. It's baffling. The game played out exactly how I thought it would.

They did the exact same with us and constantly lost the ball yet continued to play that way. We just couldn't punish them. We would be home and hosed if we had Callum Wilson. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The pressing in that first half was unreal like.

Thought we were excellent all over the pitch. Poor for our goal and we really really need to make more of our chances. Almiron was great but I wish he'd regain some of that composure from earlier in the season. 

Well deserved.

There was a point in the first half were it felt like I was watching a pressing drill in training with those Brighton goal kicks :lol:

Edited by GeordieDazzler

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Waking up after a win has become one of my favourite things about this season. That moment when you remember is class.

Prior to Brighton, and a few others, I've woke up thinking we'd already played and dreamt we had won. It's been canny crushing at times when I've realised [emoji38]

Not sure I'm built for the high pressure/high spoils part of supporting!

Jason Steele has got some bollocks on him like ill give him that. I know that's the way they play but I bet they've never lost it as many times being pressed so hard and he still carried on doing it nee bother ha