Felix Nmecha

Jack27

I'm probably over thinking it but could the club have floated the rumour as a test to see what what the fanbase as a whole thought?

I did think it was a slim chance as I couldn't imagine them using Edwards as the mule.. But then I suppose it makes sense to use that waster as collateral damage instead of a more valued journalist.

16 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Interesting no other journo's seem to be standing this up, aside from the aggregator outlets who reported the initial story. Last night when Edwards first put it out I thought it had Isak vibes of something suddenly breaking and would then be pretty much wrapped up in the next day or two. No one else seems to be running with this. 

He played it safe with the "preparing a bid" line, then backtracked in his comments and made it sound like he was on the list of possible.

11 minutes ago, wormy said:

I'm probably over thinking it but could the club have floated the rumour as a test to see what what the fanbase as a whole thought?

I did think it was a slim chance as I couldn't imagine them using Edwards as the mule.. But then I suppose it makes sense to use that waster as collateral damage instead of a more valued journalist.

Was about to post the same. Probably unlikely but it doesn’t really fit the pattern of any recent leaks and Edwards doesn’t have a track record of German players / agents.

Is there a link of screen shot of the mentioned tweets?

On a general note, sharing a tweet without opposing the message in it by self proclaimed "theocratic facist" Matt Walsh is an automatic no for me. 

2 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Interesting no other journo's seem to be standing this up, aside from the aggregator outlets who reported the initial story. Last night when Edwards first put it out I thought it had Isak vibes of something suddenly breaking and would then be pretty much wrapped up in the next day or two. No one else seems to be running with this. 

Could be the other way and the club have now asked them to keep it quiet and set an embargo. Doubtful I know but does seem strange no one has at least rubbished it or commented on it ?‍♂️ 

From embedded interview (7 months ago):
How would you describe your style of play?

“I see myself as an all-rounder. I like to get on the ball, I like to create opportunities for the team. And even without the ball, I try to get better and better all the time.

So, I would say creating for the team, and just being there. I want to be a key player in every team I play in. And I like a bit of flair sometimes as well. That’s how I would describe it.”

https://khelnow.com/football/2022-11-world-football-bundesliga-2022-23-felix-nmecha-interview

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

From embedded interview (7 months ago):
How would you describe your style of play?

“I see myself as an all-rounder. I like to get on the ball, I like to create opportunities for the team. And even without the ball, I try to get better and better all the time.

So, I would say creating for the team, and just being there. I want to be a key player in every team I play in. And I like a bit of flair sometimes as well. That’s how I would describe it.”

https://khelnow.com/football/2022-11-world-football-bundesliga-2022-23-felix-nmecha-interview

"I'm also a massive homophobe". 

Just now, Lotus said:

The way he moves the ball from one foot to the other reminds me of the former Fulham/Spurs player Moussa Dembele.

If he's half as good as Dembele we'll have a bargain on our hands.

One of the most underrated players ever imo.

28 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Never heard of him but a 5 minute Google tells me he’s worth a punt. As for the personal views, give him a pre-season with Eddie and I’m sure you’ll see improvement.

Eddie is good but not sure he’s in the business of converting orthodox Christians :lol:

He could just be young and a bit thick I guess. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I accept there's an in-built level of hypocrisy to this given who the majority owners of our club are - but signing a player who's put those views into the public sphere is a step too far like, don't care how talented he is or what value for money he represents. We're the richest club in the world and we're in the Champions League, we have the pull to find an alternative who isn't seemingly a dickhead.

With the proviso that bit daft considering our owners, but putting on rainbow laces and saying pride a lot is the easy bit, not employing active homophobes is a low bar we should reach. Very disappointed in all if this goes through.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Eddie is good but not sure he’s in the business of converting orthodox Christians :lol:

He could just be young and a bit thick I guess. 

It’s got to be easier than improving McTominay’s technical ability.

8 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

It’s got to be easier than improving McTominay’s technical ability.

As they say in the bible, it's easier to unbrainwash a fundamentalist than it is for a McTominay to string a ball through the eye of a barn door.

3 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Based him despising the gays ala Kaka or because we're in for Barella?

Just nowt more been said about him other than a bit bluster the other evening. Can see this Barella link going the same way.