Nicolo Barella

HaydnNUFC

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

He may well be a grade A pillock, but it’s becoming increasingly obvious he’s the journo with the best placed sources, at least out of the local lot. 

Out of interest, what else has he been right about of late? I saw the stuff about Felix Nmecha, which is yet to be verified, but I've long stopped reading his full pieces so I wouldn't know.

I was suspicious of this story precisely because Edwards and Downie went with it first. It seems that the local journos all have the same source within the club. They've kept them in the dark for months, so leaking a story about an alleged key transfer target seems odd. Either i) they're very confident ii) it's a red herring iii) they've promised them an exclusive for doing the clubs bidding.

It's not a dig at the journalists, that's just been the lay of the land since Ashworth came in.  They're used by the club to plant stories, whether they're in on it or not.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Out of interest, what else has he been right about of late? I saw the stuff about Felix Nmecha, which is yet to be verified, but I've long stopped reading his full pieces so I wouldn't know.

I was suspicious of this story precisely because Edwards and Downie went with it first. It seems that the local journos all have the same source within the club. They've kept them in the dark for months, so leaking a story about an alleged key transfer target seems odd. Either i) they're very confident ii) it's a red herring iii) they've promised them an exclusive for doing the clubs bidding.

It's not a dig at the journalists, that's just been the lay of the land since Ashworth came in.  They're used by the club to plant stories, whether they're in on it or not.

He broke the Wood transfer out of the blue.

He did mention Isak long before we got him, although he may not have been the first there. 

Just now, SteV said:

He broke the Wood transfer out of the blue.

He did mention Isak long before we got him, although he may not have been the first there. 

Some chap on Twitter has been trying to track rumours. He has Edwards down as 25 names so far this transfer window. One scoop in four transfer windows hardly screams cast iron sources.

I do agree he's on par with other local journalists though and professionally he should get no more or less stick than the lines of Hope and Downie. The only reason he does is due to being a bit of a cunt in the past.

Anyway fingers crossed he's correct and this comes off, but it seems hugely unlikely at this stage.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1669105590927253504?t=Y6A1tkXbmvzSoe-tK-_A-w&s=19

Inter have not received formal approach or bid for Nicolò Barella. Newcastle have genuine interest as Telegraph called, but nothing is advanced at this stage. 🇮🇹 #Barella

Inter sources feel £50m is nowhere near his valuation… also, nothing agreed with Barella on personal terms.

How surprising

Just now, Gaztoon said:

Pathetic journalism from that tosspot edwards.. could have easily just said we are interested.

That just wouldn’t get him as much attention and clicks 

49 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Whether this happens or not, at least we know 1. The calibre of players we are after and 2. The £75m budget is miles off.

Unless it's all bollocks obviously...

This. I've been laughing at people thinking Newcastle will be in for garbage like Tielemans. I've said this before, it's understandable when you spend years being nowhere but people's standards need to catch up with the club's rising level and ambition. 

3 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Edwards is the type that would do things like this as "social experiments" to show that journalists are abused or praised depending on whether the news is good or bad.

Yeah but good or bad news is different to truth or bullshit news for clicks! 

So I think it's fair to say Edwards got it right first about our interest in Barella, but evidently shot his load too early by saying it was close. 

That being said, I'm not sure if his article actually said it was close or not. I know the headline did, but iirc I don't think he pens the headlines either. 

Going to ignore a lot of the noise around this one and take away the one pretty nailed on positive. That our interest has at least been stood up by a lot of different sources now (to varying degrees obviously) shows the calibre of player we are after. Whether that means there will be 4 or 5 signings of varying quality, or 2 properly elite ones, who knows. But It's good to know that there's a concerted effort to bring our starting 11 closer to being properly 'elite'. Because that's Barella. He gets into pretty much any side in Europe.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

So I think it's fair to say Edwards got it right first about our interest in Barella, but evidently shot his load too early by saying it was close. 

That being said, I'm not sure if his article actually said it was close or not. I know the headline did, but iirc I don't think he pens the headlines either. 

You’re right, the subeditor does the ‘clickbait’ headlines.  Doesn’t stop people having a pop at the hack, but if I was one I’d be kicking the subeditor under the bus constantly. 

Edwards clearly has someone who talks at the club.  And whoever that person is, I wish they’d shut the fuck up.  Transfers like this one are far less likely to succeed if they’re leaked to the press too early.  

15 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Going to ignore a lot of the noise around this one and take away the one pretty nailed on positive. That our interest has at least been stood up by a lot of different sources now (to varying degrees obviously) shows the calibre of player we are after. Whether that means there will be 4 or 5 signings of varying quality, or 2 properly elite ones, who knows. But It's good to know that there's a concerted effort to bring our starting 11 closer to being properly 'elite'. Because that's Barella. He gets into pretty much any side in Europe.

This is similar to Botman last year, a lot of noise including on here. After it all died down……….BOOM!!

Edwards... Likes to break news early irrespective of what implications it might have on the outcome

Hope... Likes to put a negative spin on anything positive and double down on anything negative.

Romano... Like to twist every story to sound like he has a hot line to every boardroom or agent 

Ryder... Is too busy pulling together an article on the list of 5 things we don't know..  because none of us can be arsed to read the same story he has posted with five different headlines.

Anyway... Even if the rumours are half true, I'm excited to know there are still hundreds of players in-between the levels of Barella and McTominay 

32 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You’re right, the subeditor does the ‘clickbait’ headlines.  Doesn’t stop people having a pop at the hack, but if I was one I’d be kicking the subeditor under the bus constantly. 

Edwards clearly has someone who talks at the club.  And whoever that person is, I wish they’d shut the fuck up.  Transfers like this one are far less likely to succeed if they’re leaked to the press too early.  

Yep, this is one of those where the early leak is actually pissing me off now as it seems there is genuine interest from our side, but we are still a long way from a deal, which only means more competition for the signature now, as I don't even think Barella was on the radar for a premier move previously.

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yep, this is one of those where the early leak is actually pissing me off now as it seems there is genuine interest from our side, but we are still a long way from a deal, which only means more competition for the signature now, as I don't even think Barella was on the radar for a premier move previously.

Aye. Feels like it could turn into a proper 'saga' this one. 

31 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Edwards... Likes to break news early irrespective of what implications it might have on the outcome

Hope... Likes to put a negative spin on anything positive and double down on anything negative.

Romano... Like to twist every story to sound like he has a hot line to every boardroom or agent 

Ryder... Is too busy pulling together an article on the list of 5 things we don't know..  because none of us can be arsed to read the same story he has posted with five different headlines.

Anyway... Even if the rumours are half true, I'm excited to know there are still hundreds of players in-between the levels of Barella and McTominay 

Craving a Caulkin exclusive at this point

I blocked Luke Edwards a long time ago and told people here to do the same. He's a negative, contradictory and fan base baiting wind up merchant. Of course some of his tweets will be directionally correct at times, but life is much better ignoring the mega arsehole.

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

He was trying to get some ITK points but has fucked it totally.

Hence him saying he’s coming off posting for a few days.

I'm not sure about the whole idea of talks being made public having a massively adverse effect on a potential deal.

Surely if he is available Inter and his agent will have made sure to get the word out there to the top clubs around Europe? They're not going to leave lots of money on the table to keep negotiations secret just so that we think they're sound.

Yes, there are clubs out there that can blow us out of the water on wages and transfer fee if they want this guy. However, that's ultimately a small number of clubs and if we do get him I think it'll be because those clubs either didn't need a CM this summer or else they had other targets they preferred for one reason or another.