Nicolo Barella

HaydnNUFC

11 minutes ago, NSG said:

..... Malpensa is fucking horrendous to get to though, much prefer flying into Linate.

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

Malpensa’s the JFK of Europe…might as well be located in Switzerland. :lol: 

One of the joys from our previous European campaigns was travelling to various towns & cities in Europe by landing at airports a 100 miles from the destination. 

Fuck Easyjet & Ryanair 😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Man U are apparently ‘the biggest club in the world’ yet they rarely sign genuine superstars from abroad and often it doesn’t work out.  

From Veron to Di Maria. Who wants to love in Manchester. 

Veron and Di Maria were ill-suited to English football. They were slower than Hugo Viana’s granny.  Veron proved that by moving to London and still being not great.

That’s not to say they weren’t good footballers - of course they were.  But just like Hugo Viana’s granny’s grandson, the pace of the game in England isn’t suited to all players at all times. 

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Veron and Di Maria were ill-suited to English football. They were slower than Hugo Viana’s granny.  Veron proved that by moving to London and still being not great.

That’s not to say they weren’t good footballers - of course they were.  But just like Hugo Viana’s granny’s grandson, the pace of the game in England isn’t suited to all players at all times. 

Di Maria slow? Definitely not. Even now at 35.

He had absolutely no interest in being at Man United though.

Edited by ponsaelius

The major reason big Italian players dont often leave their league is because they've never had to. Serie A was the biggest league in the world until the 2000s and their top clubs can pay really well even in todays climate. Its not a homesick, culture thing.  Not many English players have gone overseas for the same reason.

1 minute ago, Teslact said:

Regarding Inter's due loan, for FFP can PIF just front the entire 50m right now but we then book it as 10m x 5 years? The Ashley model could prove useful if yes.

Yep, transfer fees are amortized over five years no matter if it’s paid up front or in installments. 

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

The major reason big Italian players dont often leave their league is because they've never had to. Serie A was the biggest league in the world until the 2000s and their top clubs can pay really well even in todays climate. Its not a homesick, culture thing.  Not many English players have gone overseas for the same reason.

It's definitely a combination of both, tbh.

22 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

What a terrible post.

45 minutes ago, Deuce said:

With the caveat that it was the first, and thus far only, true city I’ve visited in Italy, I really enjoyed Milan. :lol: We hit a few different neighborhoods, so I got to see more than the just the city centre.

It never clicked for me, just found it a bit boring of a city to visit.  Definitely not a shit hole etc though.

I've just been to Bergamo, Garda and Verona over the trip that's Italy for me. 

Edited by El Prontonise

Just now, El Prontonise said:

It never clicked for me, just found it a bit boring of a city to visit.  Definitely not a shit hole etc though.

I've just been to Bergamo, Garda and Verona over the trip that's Italy for me. 

Loved Verona like. Florence is a cracking visit in that area too.

6 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Di Maria being slow is one of the worst takes I've read on here. 

Yeah I'd say pace on the transition both with and without the ball was probably his most definable attribute. 

Even now he's still got a decent turn of pace. Can't think of many at 35 who are quicker tbh :lol:

20 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

This thread should be locked! Seems to be very little to this, if anything.

Apart from the fact we're interested in one of the best midfielders around.... definitely not worth batting an eyelid is it. 

Ban the original poster as well I say. 

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/1669278888944435205

"Difficult to tell at this stage, but they’re trying to get him. Isak was “too expensive” last summer but they still pressed the button eventually."

Thanks Keith.

I'll never understand why they don't just say; we've heard no further developments since the reported interest. 

6 minutes ago, Viana said:

I'll never understand why they don't just say; we've heard no further developments since the reported interest. 

Because saying "nope, no news guys, soz" doesn't bring many clicks.

But if they say some vague variation of "deal getting close", "parties both interested", "Newcastle getting close to submitting a bid" then people start paying attention.

Edited by mikejaxer

7 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Well, there is a lot wrong with that statement.  I think it was more of a policy under SAF than anything, they did sign superstars at points though.

If Man City or Liverpool didn't exist, your statement might have legs.

Because they do it's utter bollocks

They tried and failed to sign genuine superstars like Ronaldinho and Shearer.

By superstar I’m talking Messi, Mbappe, R9, Zidane, Neymar in their prime.  

The most iconic Man U players left for Madrid in their early to mid primes.

Haaland is probably the first mega superstar  to join a PL club a ready made superstar. And that only happened because his da played for City and Norwegians are closer culturally than most countries producing generational talents. 

Ciry and Liverpool are brilliant but they don’t sign genuine ready made superstars apart from EH. They make the superstars. Madrid have nabbed Liverpools number 1 transfers target 2 straight summers. 

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We're being linked now with Onana from our top tier sources and the suspected fee is up to £70m. Still no idea where the £50m fee is coming from for Barella.

Luke Edwards- so it’s made up.

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We're being linked now with Onana from our top tier sources and the suspected fee is up to £70m. Still no idea where the £50m fee is coming from for Barella.

Think he’ll be off to Chelsea if anywhere