Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

15 hours ago, The Prophet said:

What's with the morons in the comments gasping to turn it into a race thing with Toney.

Comments are allways full of people overly trying to find hypocrisy in everything and making shitty comparisons..

46 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Games forum is akin to the vulnerable persons wing. 

Speaking of the other forums, I can’t seem to be able to find them anymore. If I Google it the top result is the chat forum but when clicking it it says “we could not locate the item you are trying to view”. Error code 2F176/1.

Edited by Joelinton7

I wonder if our legal team go down the route of saying that part of the accountability lies with AC/Italian FA as they should have stronger internal controls?  And we are being penalised for something we had no control or knowledge over? 

30 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I wonder if our legal team go down the route of saying that part of the accountability lies with AC/Italian FA as they should have stronger internal controls?  And we are being penalised for something we had no control or knowledge over? 

I was hoping we'd go for Milan if they knew about it but starting to think is it worth it now. Take it on the chin, don't burn our bridges with a huge club this early on in trying to get to that level ourselves. There'll no doubt be players in the future we want from there, or players we need to offload and Milan want them. 

28 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Not one of the options but Paqueta should be longer than them all

There would be chance he’d go to prison if he’s engaging in spot fixing, which is sort of weird that he’s still playing if there was substance to the claims. 

17 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

There would be chance he’d go to prison if he’s engaging in spot fixing, which is sort of weird that he’s still playing if there was substance to the claims. 

That’s what I was thinking over the weekend and how/why the FA tipped Man City off about it. Should be in the hands of the police not the FA, similar to Tonali

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

What jurisdiction does the Italian FA have over the Premier League or UEFA competitions?

Surely the ban would have to come from UEFA or FIFA?

The Italian FA hold Sandro Tonali's registration via his nationality. And the general agreement between the FAs of Europe is that they recognise each other bans, especially in relation to issues like this. 

11 minutes ago, Slim said:

Might be worth not shitting the bed if he gets a huge ban.  Notice in Italy they seem to get harsh punishments then after appeals always gets reduced.

Quoted for when it gets extended after appeal.

2 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

None of the snooker players who were caught throwing games faced any sort of legal trouble AFAIK. 

11 minutes ago, andycap said:

Do yous think the club might start him against Dortmund? Might aswell get some games from him before the incoming ban. 

Considering Howe already used him on Saturday I don't see why not unless Uefa step in. I think if available he'd only come off the bench though. 

Even ignoring reports though (Italian journalism seems an absolute shitshow), I can't shake the feeling a decision will be reached before then. His post-match demeanor was very much one of a man expecting to learn his fate before he gets the chance at another run out.

Edited by wormy