Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Love Eddie’s comment about watching him last season.

Must’ve been buzzing that we were able to lure him away from Milan. What a signing man 

What did he say? Or did he just say that he watched him? 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Didn't expect this performance at all, looked like he'd been playing in the PL all his life. 

Actually that's what made it better. He was clearly feeling his way and getting to terms with his role in the side in the pre-seasons, just doing the basics.

Then when it came to competition time we saw him move up two gears and show us what he's got in his locker. Mason Mount for £60m? I''ll pass thanks. 

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

Wilson’s goal today was pure filth.

Bruno, Sandro and Joelinton all involved will slick one touch passing - absolutely sublime 

From a team perspective it was perfect football.

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

Wilson’s goal today was pure filth.

Bruno, Sandro and Joelinton all involved will slick one touch passing - absolutely sublime 

The cheeky pass from Tonali in the build up :giggs:

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

What did he say? Or did he just say that he watched him? 

“It was a tough decision between him [Tonali] and Sean [Longstaff] but in the end it was based on fitness really,” said Howe. “Sean had missed a lot of pre-season with a niggly injury and Sandro completed all of pre-season. So basing it on that and how well Sandro had done in pre-season that’s why I made the decision.

“And I thought he was magnificent for us. The goal helped, it builds confidence. It certainly looked at home in the midfield. I thought his style was really effective for us today. He’s an incredible technician, very good technically off both feet. Great to see him score and in the box in that moment.”

Howe told reporters how he had fallen in love with the 23-year-old after watching him at AC Milan last season.

“We pursued him for a long, long time and paid a big fee for him because I fell in love watching him play a game last year,” Howe added. “He is an outstanding talent, he can do a little bit of everything. Very similar to our other midfielders, he’s got a combination of a lot of attributes that will suit the Premier League.

“This is one game, I don’t want to go over the top and put more pressure on him but it’s a very good start and I’m just pleased he looked confident in the shirt and the fans have certainly taken to him, which is great to see.”

Fabulous debut, slipped into the CM like hand in glove, utterly seamless. Engine is superb, always looking busy and getting involved, showed for the ball, tracked runners all afternoon, passing was crisp and tidy, can ping a diagonal and looked to get into the box for cut-backs too. All things considered he looked amazing and probably MotM imo. He and Barnes have just slotted in, they cost £90m between them but they already look like bargains. Ridiculous player who will improve even more as he gets to know the league a bit better*

*sounds ridiculous as he looks like he's been playing in it for 5 years :lol: