NUFC Transfer Rumours

51 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Do we think Dummett is going to be on a nominal sort of wage outside of the 25? He's still Championship level you'd think. The likes of Spearing and Huddlestone who are doing that role will be on a couple of grand a week and were either retired or playing League 1/2 football. 

If Dummett is happy for that then great, it'd say a lot about him if he does because he should have 3-4 years playing a decent level of football. 

Think he knows he would never pass a medical anywhere else... So a reduce wage here is better then pay as you play elsewhere?

2 hours ago, Toon88 said:

Targett isn’t good enough, I’m afraid. If you can’t displace Burn, then you know your time is up. If we could recoup £10m for him, I’d do it. 

Maehle would be my choice. Cheaper option at Atalanta (£15m touted), and fantastic going forward. 

Maehle can play both on the left and right side. Would suit Howe's style of play very well.

47 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I think it is obvious: we need club trained players for UCL squad.

Aye But he’s not going to play. It just means we are allowed to register 1 more non-HG player.  

You don’t have to name any HG players in Europe iirc. But if you don’t you can only register 16 players. 1 HG you get 18. 2 you get 20.  3 you get a 22. 4 you get the full quota. Or something like that. 

4 hours ago, Toon88 said:

Targett isn’t good enough, I’m afraid. If you can’t displace Burn, then you know your time is up. If we could recoup £10m for him, I’d do it. 

Maehle would be my choice. Cheaper option at Atalanta (£15m touted), and fantastic going forward. 

Targett missed 17 games and 78 days with injuries last season, and we know EH eases players back into the rotation so I think it's a bit early to write him off. Seemed like we were pretty happy with him when he came over.   

9 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Lovely thread title change 

I dunno like, I kind of liked the mind-bending crassness of the 8mosphere one. You guys are so vanilla.

Interesting to see the Athletic saying we will look to the loan market. Feel like it’s been said every window and we have only loaned Targett who was surplus to requirements at the time. Still can’t see English clubs loaning us top players but maybe we can do it with foreign teams as it seems to be more popular with them.

5 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Bournemouth and Leeds both in for Darlow. 

Sky Sports saying a fee involved too. Won’t be big but helps with FFP as pure profit now. Plus the removal from the wage bill.