NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

If you look at last season, it was only Pope and Botman that had been bought by this point (Targett was on loan so already here). So it wasn't spectacular in terms of spending UNTIL we got Isak. If we had gotten Joao Pedro, it would have been solid instead of spectacular as a window. But it took us to 4th. 

The point is, Tonali is the Botman, and Barnes is the Pope - both very very good signings. So I do think an Isak equivalent is on the cards still to come in - perhaps at RW. 

It's becoming clearer that Tierney is on his way out - so honestly, a loan to buy there should be an absolute no-brainer (and could be the Targett equivalent - relative to where we are now). 

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

If you look at last season, it was only Pope and Botman that had been bought by this point (Targett was on loan so already here). So it wasn't spectacular in terms of spending UNTIL we got Isak. If we had gotten Joao Pedro, it would have been solid instead of spectacular as a window. But it took us to 4th. 

The point is, Tonali is the Botman, and Barnes is the Pope - both very very good signings. So I do think an Isak equivalent is on the cards still to come in - perhaps at RW. 

It's becoming clearer that Tierney is on his way out - so honestly, a loan to buy there should be an absolute no-brainer (and could be the Targett equivalent - relative to where we are now). 

We've also sold ASM though so technically only added 1 first team player to the squad.

I don't believe we'll sign a RW, it seems fairly likely given the rumours for players like Livramento we'll go for a few defenders.

I don't believe Arsenal will loan out Tierney either, or that we'll go for a left back this window.

Turkish media linking us with Zaniolo.

He has played for Galatasaray in a Champions League qualifier so it could rule him out of the competition if he did come here.

LINED FOR ZANIOLO

Galatasaray's players, who have lively hours in the transfer, continue to receive offers. German, British and Saudi Arabian clubs are preparing for a transfer for Nicolo Zaniolo, who was recruited by the Yellow-Reds from Rome. Galatasaray expects an income of 35 million euros for the Italian star.

THE GERMAN AND THE BRITISH ARE FOUNDING HIM

Bundesliga representative Leipzig, English Premir League clubs Newcastle United and Al Hila are expected to erode Galatasaray's door with official offers next week. Roma's agreement with Galatasaray for Zaniolo includes a 20 percent share clause from the next transfer of the 24-year-old star.

Courtesy of Google translate.

https://www.takvim.com.tr/spor/2023/07/30/galatasarayda-sacha-boey-ada-yolcusu-ingiltereden-surpriz-teklif/2

Edited by Matt1892

56 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

We've also sold ASM though so technically only added 1 first team player to the squad.

I don't believe we'll sign a RW, it seems fairly likely given the rumours for players like Livramento we'll go for a few defenders.

I don't believe Arsenal will loan out Tierney either, or that we'll go for a left back this window.

I don't think we'll sign a RW either, imagine we'll use a combination of Miggy and Gordon to play there this season. If we wanted one I think we'd have gone harder for Diaby, but seems like Eddie puts more value on work rate, and that's not his strong point.

1 hour ago, kingxlnc said:

We were heavily linked with forward players all summer in fairness - it was only when Ekitike went to PSG that we went for Isak

1 minute ago, Decky said:

How is it that we got bought by the Saudis and the team we're competing with is Aston fucking Villa? :lol: A lot of people seem to think they'll finish above us too. 

Villa have been pouring money into the club for many years.  We are still catching up and they seem to finally being run properly so they will be a challenging the top6 along with us.

Just now, sturla said:

Villa have been pouring money into the club for many years.  We are still catching up and they seem to finally being run properly so they will be a challenging the top6 along with us.

Because we are close to them in revenue. We aren't with Man City, Man United etc so we can't spend that due to ffp

Just now, sturla said:

Oh no doubt they are very well run. I just never would have predicted Villa being the team going toe to toe with us at the start. I would probably have seen it being Leicester, a team that was in and around the top 7/8 in recent years. Mental to think that they're not in the top flight anymore. 

31 minutes ago, Decky said:

How is it that we got bought by the Saudis and the team we're competing with is Aston fucking Villa? :lol: A lot of people seem to think they'll finish above us too. 

Who cares what people think. We are a champions league club are they aren’t. We are doing just fine. More than fine and well ahead of schedule. Only a season half a go we were rock bottom etc etc 

43 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Because we are close to them in revenue. We aren't with Man City, Man United etc so we can't spend that due to ffp

Plus Villa sold Grealish for £100m which strengthens their FFP position (up to this season anyway)

45 minutes ago, Decky said:

It’s their Academy production that’s helping them out tremendously. Selling Grealish and the kid whose name I’m not gonna try and spell, for fortunes, is massive for FFP, whilst also bringing through another PL quality player in Ramsey. 

If you look back at almost every Dan Ashworth interview since he joined, he mentions how critically important it is to get the academy up to standard and producing for us.

We might actually have got lucky in getting a couple through already in Anderson and Miley (🤞) but we need it to become a regular occurrence.

20 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Plus Villa sold Grealish for £100m which strengthens their FFP position (up to this season anyway)

Love to see a break down of this, 1 massive sale keeps gives them seemingly unlimited funds?