NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

I can see Ramsdale being more likely in the Summer rather than Jan. That being said, I'm sure I read something about Howe not liking his lack of professionalism back when he had Ramsdale at Bournemouth.

Yes, I meant the summer.

Howe sent him out on loan to Wimbledon for being late when he overslept and missed the bus, he was 20 at the time I think.

He went back and Howe gave him another chance, he was then Bournemouths player of the year the year they went down.

15 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Yes, I meant the summer.

Howe sent him out on loan to Wimbledon for being late when he overslept and missed the bus, he was 20 at the time I think.

He went back and Howe gave him another chance, he was then Bournemouths player of the year the year they went down.

Was Arthur boric not in goal that year? Unless it was the year before. 

When I posted previously about Anthony Gordon he was indeed our seventh-choice wide player - behind Almiron and Murphy on the right hand side and Saint-Maximin, Isak and some combination of Joelinton and Willock on the left, which is not to mention Elliot Anderson - and heading into the summer I saw a player low on form who could have used a confidence-boosting spell in the lower division.

If you see the wonders which Eddie Howe has wrought with Gordon I ask couldn't he have achieved the same sort of results with Adam Armstrong, especially since as I've already mentioned in some of the aspects of his game as well as the general vicinity of his height he bears a marked resemblance to Sergio Aguero? But you can all continue to laugh, knowing that your laughter and japes bear the stench of gallows humour given that the opportunity to sign Adam Armstrong (for some cash plus Anthony Gordon on loan) has surely passed us by now that he's back banging those goals in for Southampton.

Regarding the left back conundrum, I've also been a longtime admirer of Jeffrey Schlupp. Granted that stretches back to the time before time, which is to say pre-Saudi takeover. But if we could schlepp Schlupp from Leicestershire in the January transfer window way up north, he might still be able to get his Swedish spark out just in time for the sledding season.

Not excited at all about the transfer rumours so far, the best scenario is that we have something lined up which has gone totally under the radar. We need a couple of genuine quality signings in midfield and up front to make up for the losses, even then we have to hope we are still in touching distance of the top 6 by the time January comes round.

7 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

Regarding the left back conundrum, I've also been a longtime admirer of Jeffrey Schlupp. Granted that stretches back to the time before time, which is to say pre-Saudi takeover. But if we could schlepp Schlupp from Leicestershire in the January transfer window way up north, he might still be able to get his Swedish spark out just in time for the sledding season.

F2otHmHWgAAKaqx.jpg

10 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

When I posted previously about Anthony Gordon he was indeed our seventh-choice wide player - behind Almiron and Murphy on the right hand side and Saint-Maximin, Isak and some combination of Joelinton and Willock on the left, which is not to mention Elliot Anderson - and heading into the summer I saw a player low on form who could have used a confidence-boosting spell in the lower division.

If you see the wonders which Eddie Howe has wrought with Gordon I ask couldn't he have achieved the same sort of results with Adam Armstrong, especially since as I've already mentioned in some of the aspects of his game as well as the general vicinity of his height he bears a marked resemblance to Sergio Aguero? But you can all continue to laugh, knowing that your laughter and japes bear the stench of gallows humour given that the opportunity to sign Adam Armstrong (for some cash plus Anthony Gordon on loan) has surely passed us by now that he's back banging those goals in for Southampton.

Schlupp doesn’t play for Leicester mate.

1 hour ago, Gottlob said:

That means for a while Bruno was behind Shelvey, Longstaff and Willock in the pecking order (not that he needed to get up to pace physically and learn our style).

Would hate Ramsdale here tbh. Really made himself look stupid with that interview - can't concentrate for 90 minutes is a bit worrying :lol:. Our upgrade on Pope needs to be significantly improved in all areas, which I don't think Ramsdale is.

24 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Would hate Ramsdale here tbh. Really made himself look stupid with that interview - can't concentrate for 90 minutes is a bit worrying :lol:. Our upgrade on Pope needs to be significantly improved in all areas, which I don't think Ramsdale is.

He’s not better at shot stopping and isn’t much better with his feet.

It’s almost impossible to improve all areas in regards to Pope IMO. He’s as good a shot stopper as they come, and is also a really good sweeper keeper (with a few mistakes in him as they all have). What can be improved though is passing, control and command of the area. He’s been noticeably more nervous coming for crosses and corners (often punching ‘catchable’ balls in to the box) after a superb first 6-7 months. 

Pope is more than good enough for this season and next season. Once we’ve sorted the glaring holes in the squad (RW, striker, CB) then a top class goalkeeper should definitely be on the list.

4 hours ago, Gottlob said:

Anyone? 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Gottlob said:

If you see the wonders which Eddie Howe has wrought with Gordon I ask couldn't he have achieved the same sort of results with Adam Armstrong, especially since as I've already mentioned in some of the aspects of his game as well as the general vicinity of his height he bears a marked resemblance to Sergio Aguero?

What is this? [emoji38]

3 hours ago, clintdempsey said:

It’s almost impossible to improve all areas in regards to Pope IMO. He’s as good a shot stopper as they come, and is also a really good sweeper keeper (with a few mistakes in him as they all have). What can be improved though is passing, control and command of the area. He’s been noticeably more nervous coming for crosses and corners (often punching ‘catchable’ balls in to the box) after a superb first 6-7 months. 

Pope is still better at commanding his box than Ramsdale. Ramsdale is targeted from corners because he’s not the biggest or strongest and can get caught under the ball frequently enough.  Ramsdale is not an upgrade.  

Ramsdale is very good. An upgrade on Pope in most ways, and I'm someone who said from the start pope was miles ahead of dubs. 

We need a young keeper. One to take the spot off pope over tge next few years.

Yeh no point wasting precious ffp on a GK that's no major upgrade. The next one has to have some serious calmness on the ball and ability to play it out under pressure, as that's the way the game is going, teams seem to be pressing more and more. Obviously they have to be as good or better at Pope's best strengths.

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

Yeh no point wasting precious ffp on a GK that's no major upgrade. The next one has to have some serious calmness on the ball and ability to play it out under pressure, as that's the way the game is going, teams seem to be pressing more and more. Obviously they have to be as good or better at Pope's best strengths.

Costa from Porto and I change my tune, like. 

Spoiler

Michael S asked: How big can Newcastle go in January?

David Ornstein: Not as big as I suspect they would like. Those four words: Profit and Sustainability rules (PSR).

The Newcastle documentary makes repeated references to financial fair play and, clearly, they are taking it extremely seriously. We can see that in the deals they’ve done so far and that prudence will have to continue, especially if they don’t make it through to the Champions League knockout stage.

The failed vote to block associated party loan signings in January is good news for Newcastle in theory but, in practice, I’m not sure they will actually make any/many signings from other PIF clubs. Certainly, barring an unforeseen turn of events, I don’t expect Ruben Neves to arrive.