NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I stand by my words, Targett is a liability now. If you don’t think so, fine, let his performance (if Howe really ever play him again) prove our point.

For the last six months, basically every week I saw comments like “how in the earth Targett not back to the starting lineup” “Howe really lost it by sticking with Burn”. And, in all his performance as listed in your reply, he did nothing but keep on making mistakes, get passed easily by opponents, and even now not showing any glimpse or signs that he is back to his form pre-injury in recent friendlies. if you really still think he is fine and we can rely on him, it’s up to you. Just that obviously Howe doesn’t think so. Burn was completely burnt out in the second half of last season, it’s so fucking obvious and even I was shouting for giving him a rest, yet Howe still kept him in the starting lineup every fucking game.

if all these hints still couldn’t ring your alarm, it’s your problem. I will obviously @you again once Targett lose us any game in the coming season.

This is not in any way completely over the top 

57 minutes ago, Zero said:

But now you need to take his injury into consideration. There’s none in the world who could guarantee a player to make full recovery after these kinda injuries, and in fact, most of the time, the player cannot. It may affect his burst of speed, his agility, turning, etc. we all don’t know.

He had a heel bone injury that sidelined him for two months. Is that really that serious?

15 hours ago, Weezertron said:

There’s hardly owt to hate about targett.

I don’t get it. People going on like he’s Nicky Butt level of shite. 

I never ever publicly criticize Newcastle players, but Nicky Butt almost made me give up that rule. (I moan and groan at the match like everyone else) 

5 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

I never ever publicly criticize Newcastle players, but Nicky Butt almost made me give up that rule. (I moan and groan at the match like everyone else) 

Alan Smith was up there at the time... He couldn't even score in the championship!

10 minutes ago, mrraspberryjam said:

Butt was decent in the Champo iirc. Too little too late to redeem himself though.

He didn't even play much in the Championship from what I remember 

43 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

He was absolute toss for us like. Put it this way after watching us last season compared to that shite it's great to be a toon supporter right now 

Always got to be at least one with some fans.

Not just ours,  its a football fan thing. Like part of the experience.

But its a right come down coming on here hoping to see some Chiesa gen or someone out of the blue, even some totally made up but assuaging link and find out its just our players getting slaughtered.

54 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I feel like we're now entering our Wood to Bruno / Botman to Isak drought now. Bring your nerves of steel

Not many top clubs have signed more than 2 important first-team players yet. 

46 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

See Targett is the new scapegoat target 🎯 now!

FFS can’t we all just be happy? and enjoy this ride. Holy fuck, Ashley years to now! 

:megusta:

Didn't he setup the first goal? 

I can't be the only one to think that Hayden would be lucky to get a championship club?

He was decent in a very organised and pragmatic side for us under Rafa but is largely shite. I don't want to taint old Isaac mind, good pro and all that but fuck me, he's nowhere near capable of playing PL football anymore.

Just now, STM said:

I can't be the only one to think that Hayden would be lucky to get a championship club?

He was decent in a very organised and pragmatic side for us under Rafa but is largely shite. I don't want to taint old Isaac mind, good pro and all that but fuck me, he's nowhere near capable of playing PL football anymore.

I think he's been massively injury prone as of late