Tino Livramento

Yorkie

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

This lad’s fast becoming my favourite player to watch for us

I said this in the ground, kind of half arsed mumbled it and my mate caught it "my new favourite player". 

So far, doesn't have  weakness.

26 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Full games, for us,  thus far: 
27 Sep Man City 1-0 (RB) 

1 Nov Man Utd 3-0 (RB) 

7 Nov 0-2 Dortmund (RW) 

25 Nov 4-1 Chelsea (LB)

28 Nov 1-1 PSG (LB) 

2 Dec 1-0 Man Utd (LB) 

Solid in all. MotM in three. 

He’s had, on total, the equivalent of about 27 PL games (in cumulative minutes). The vast majority aged 18-19 for a poor Southampton side. What a career he could have. 

:lol:  The easiest opposition he's faced has been Chelsea.

41 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Lukaku aswell at the time. He had his prime after Chelsea, they went all in on Torres instead.[emoji38] When Lukaku was at his prime, Chelsea were struggling on the striker front if I remember correctly.

For me they haven't even brought in anyone better than Lukaku. Manure the same 

I know I'm thinking about things I shouldn't have to yet, but I'm intrigued at the thought of what Howe does whenever Tripps finally starts winding down if Tino's performed like this down the left for a couple of years, especially if he continues building an understanding with AG.

Wonder if he switches him back or just leaves him down the left and finds someone else for the right.

Long term I hope he takes over for Tripps and Hall for Burn.

Having both fullback and winger inverted isn't ideal, and Livramento doesn't seem very good with his left either. I think he tried one cross after an overlap against Man Utd and it went out for a goal kick. Other than that it was either a pass backwards or cut inside. Eventually teams will learn to defend against two players trying to occupy similar spaces in attack since both prefers to cut inside.

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Fuck me, you learn something new everyday. Had no idea about this. Joke of a club.

That's what happens when you buy in bulk. All them young lads just sent out on loan and sold for pennies I cannot remember the last one they bought in as a hot prospect that got a chance in there first team regulary. 

4 hours ago, wormy said:

I know I'm thinking about things I shouldn't have to yet, but I'm intrigued at the thought of what Howe does whenever Tripps finally starts winding down if Tino's performed like this down the left for a couple of years, especially if he continues building an understanding with AG.

Wonder if he switches him back or just leaves him down the left and finds someone else for the right.

Hall on the left by then I think. 

Not a single bad game, MOTM contender if every one. Not sure what has improved us most, his threat in attack or his pace in defence. We look like such a more solid team and complete team with him in it.

Really fucked Southampton over with this one.

41 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Not a single bad game, MOTM contender if every one. Not sure what has improved us most, his threat in attack or his pace in defence. We look like such a more solid team and complete team with him in it.

Yeah his recovery speed is awesome and he’s a genuine attacking threat. Even if it’s not his main position he works so well attacking with Gordon down the left.

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

To be fair, Southampton got a good price for him in the circumstances. They bargained strongly. The fact they had a massive sell on clause agreed with Chelsea was their own issue. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't have had him in the first place.

Reminds me of the Roma left back Spinazzola who was fucking tremendous during the Euro’s. He was a right footed left back, so there’s definitely cases where some players can prosper on the other flank despite their strong foot.

Contrast to Trippier at left back who looks very awkward in his body positioning when playing left back. Tino can actually use his left foot which I think is the reason he looks so comfortable.

On 27/09/2023 at 22:55, Dr.Spaceman said:

What a fucking player we've signed here btw.

After his first performance.... we all knew that we had an absolute superstar in our ranks. No way does Dan Burn get straight back in, this guy is going to be one of England's first choice fullbacks soon.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

I’m a Saints fan but have been following how Tino does for you guys. I’m really happy to see him ripping apart teams already for you. It’s interesting to see him play LB, whilst we had him we had a similar issue to you guys in that KWP and Tino both RBs were also both considerably better than any of our LBs. We played KWP LB and Tino RB. 

Long term I see Tino going further up the pitch, he’s just too good attacking to not fully utilise against teams defence. I reckon a Bale like transition. He has all the ability Bale had and it appears from the outside an either better attitude. Whilst playing for Saints, I reckoned he had the ability to become one of the best in the world and that hasn’t changed, I’m amazed by how well he has come back from such a serious injury. The last player to play for us with his talent was VVD and for a few years he was head and shoulders above any CB in the world. 

I'm sure people have mentioned it, but it's become noticeable how well he interchanges with Trippier, not in terms of position, but when to go forward. We like to ensure we have 3 defenders at the back while in possession, usually Burn would tuck in and Trippier would bomb forward causing an overload on that right hand side. While that's been effective, it can be predictable and cause a slight imbalance in the team, now however Trippier is more willing to stay back and allow Tino to go forward, and vice versa, meaning we're more unpredictable for the opposition to gauge. 

This one may have been by necessity, but it's once again a show of Howe adapting and changing via subtle tweaks in the system.

16 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Got the replay on. Fuck me, he is quality. 

Should start having a pop when he gets a yard. Always looks like he wants to keep running across the pitch so he can beat a few more players :lol: 

He should definitely have a pop. There was one where he cut across the penalty area and I was sure he was going to take a shot but he then let it run a little too far. I agree with AngusHyd that he could actually play more advanced and be a Gareth Bale. He doesn’t need to play as a LW or RW though, he could play the Hakimi role and be devastating from defence which he kind of already is