Manchester City 1-0 Newcastle United (19/08/23)

Yorkie

We're a little timid but honestly they're just much better. Not much else to say. If we sell out and press insanely hard, we're going to run out of energy. They're just ruthless and are quicker in thought than we are. I don't think we've been all that bad, just not at their level. 

Just now, Numbers said:

This is a minging performance like. Not sure what the plan was, we're sitting off far too much, unrecognisable to our usual game.

They are just ridiculously good. The moment and speed of their players and passing is really tough to constant press. 

Just now, Conjo said:

They just seem to have two extra players on the field :lol: Always someone available to snap up the second ball or someone to pass to.

Not sure if it's intentional or not, but we've stopped pressing them high after failing to win the ball first half of the half, and have been inviting Man City to set camp outside our box second half of the half. A bit surprising as I was expecting us to get a lot more aggressive than we have been.

I think it's the off ball runs. Pressing fast opens up space to run in to. We've suddenly found a side that are sharp enough and talented enough to use our press against us. We definitely will have to try something different.