Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool (27/08/23)

Yorkie

Just now, The Butcher said:

No it doesn't. It's given him way too much love for way too long.

He's got to score or he gets criticised no matter what...literally no other player gets that treatment.

Worth noting, and I can only speak personally, a lot of the frustration here is because it's Liverpool. A more sanctimonious bunch of cry arses you couldn't wish to meet, and we've somehow gifted them three points. Makes Turkey Teeth look like a genius and Darwin Nunez like he's not a horse in an ice rink. 

1 minute ago, Lish007 said:

Well a +2 GD is better than nothing. 

City: We actually created more last season, but couldn't finish.
Liverpool: Down to 10 early but I came out feeling better with that just cause we didn't buckle when we could easily have done.

I'm unsure if comparing score lines is effective here but to each their own I guess. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

This forum hates Almiron with a passion.

No they love him, he's adorable, but in certain situations he makes horrible choices. Other than his solo run, where he's entitled to go for the finish, he didn't once look to assist, he's always thinking the same thing, cut inside, shoot with left, wait for Trippier overlap, for opposing managers he's very predictable.

9 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I don't think we panicked. Quite the opposite. We got lulled into a self sense of security and left increasingly massive gaps in the middle. We got too nonchalant in CM and defensively and let Liverpool do what they do best. Passive is exactly right. We thought we were managing the game and did what Klopp wanted us to do. 

100%

I kept thinking to myself why are these lot being so casual and slowing everything down?

The players were not looking to kill the game off, but instead see the game out like you said.

But with the forward players/options Liverpool have, that is never ever a given.

Edited by KaKa

9 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Allison's wonder save and miggy's post, it would be game over. Typical.

Absolutely this.

Plus, Barnes should have had a go or atleast played in Wilson.

Edited by nufcjb

Just now, Aiston said:

He's got to score or he gets criticised no matter what...literally no other player gets that treatment.

Well, that's because

- he can't dribble

- doesn't assist

- doesn't create much

- can't use his right foot.

He's a fairly poor footballer, but a good athlete and that's why he's still in the team. It has to stop.

Just now, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Last season was fantastic.

I think this season is going to be a wake up call that there's a lot of work to be done before we can tough it with the top teams.

And Howe needs to learn - sharpish - how to do that.

Yes, but at the same time we've done slightly better in these corresponding fixtures vs last year.

Still, is there a worse feeling in football than having to say to Liverpool: Fair enough, deserved.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Well, that's because

- he can't dribble

- doesn't assist

- doesn't create much

- can't use his right foot.

He's a fairly poor footballer, but a good athlete and that's why he's still in the team. It has to stop.

Yet he puts in better performances than most still...looks a threat in the big games unlike most.

Where is the criticism for them?

Hell, Isak 5 passes...not a peep about him.

Edited by Aiston

Piss poor really. Even at 1-0 up we never looked in control of that game.

Too many sloppy passes and a lack of urgency, other than Gordon. We're pretty predictable tbh, Miggy cuts back, Tripper triangles, and back to Midfield - rinse and repeat - slow and sideways.

Why can't we whip an early cross in ffs?  I thought Bruno and Tonali were both poor, can they play together? let's see.

Opportunity to freshen this up now, take accountability, and give the new lads a game. Any team to lose to and it had to be these fuckers?

Howe, didn't do too great today, I'd blame him more on our general lethargic attitude post goal than the subs, but hey ho, opinions.

3 minutes ago, Viana said:

Worth noting, and I can only speak personally, a lot of the frustration here is because it's Liverpool. A more sanctimonious bunch of cry arses you couldn't wish to meet, and we've somehow gifted them three points. Makes Turkey Teeth look like a genius and Darwin Nunez like he's not a horse in an ice rink. 

I’m more annoyed about missing out on Klopp’s cryarsing about the ‘glass ceiling’ and forgetting his club tried to spend £100m+ on a player than I am about the points right now.

Totally threw that away today, a draw would have been disappointing but to lose it from being a goal up and a man up with 72 minutes on the clock is borderline disgraceful tbph. They were gifted 2 chances and finished them both clinically, can't complain about them, 2 mistakes, 2 chances, 2 goals, bang bang. Going to be hard for Howe to pick them up after that, showed a complete lack of control and couldn't finish them off and got punished. No point twisting about this or that, that last 20 minutes was genuine 'head's gone' stuff and you can tell we're not used to being in that position.

I'm down as fuck about it because it's against those cunts and it'll give encouragement to others to just hang in as they will know/suspect we'll make a couple of daft mistakes and gift chances. Big, big negative result today and we only have ourselves to blame unfortunately