Brighton & Hove Albion 3-1 Newcastle United (02/09/23)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm struggling to understand what adding Tonali to the midfield offers? 

Don't get this wrong, I'm in no way questioning Tonali's ability or him as a player, but as the next piece to our puzzle, it's not looking like the piece that fits, one of those three needs to be the keys to the door, yet all three sit off and do the same role.

Tonali is the best we have in midfield.  I think you should look a bit closer to Brunos' contribution or lack of it.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

March > Almiron

Estupiñan >>>>> Targett

Mitoma > Gordon (not hating on Gordon, Mitoma currently just a little bit better imo)

Dunk > Burn (sorry Burn)

I actually rate Targett.  I also think Estupiñan is over rated.  I also wouldn't swap Gordon for Mitoma - Gordon looks a completely different beast this season. Liverpool couldn't handle him.  Almiron - people are being so harsh on this lad. With a bit of luck he could have had 3 goals in 2 games.  As for Burn - the bloke is a legend.  No chance would I swap him for Dunk.  He's Newcastle through and through.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Very even 0-0 without the Pope errors in a stadium where we were crushed last season. No need to overreact, hope the subs are lively and can turn this around.

Even in what sense? They’ve had the better of us in every metric.  12 shots, 4 on target, to our 4 and zero. More possession, passes. Not even at all