West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

Not to bang on the Anderson drum, but here's his FBEF compared to all other CM's this season, he's proper shite him like :lol: 

d4a17db19e58241c826a313b878e6446.png

Edited by 54

Left side of Burn and Anderson was always going to be a bit grim in terms of creating anything.

It's a decent result and was very encouraging second half performance.

Gordon being out was very fucking annoying, I do think there's a player in Anderson but it absolutely isn't as a wide forward.

Really felt we needed another wide man in summer and unfortunately with Barnes and Joelinton injured we're really feeling it.

12 minutes ago, Sandro Tonali said:

Cant judge Anderson on that game, out wide is not his position, definitely better in an 8 or probably a 10 role. I see something in him and he still has time to develop 

hi mate hope you're well don't go in your thread for a little while x

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Not to bang on the Anderson drum, but here's his FBEF compared to all other CM's this season, he's proper shite him like :lol: 

d4a17db19e58241c826a313b878e6446.png

I reckon when he gets his goal it's going to bring him on another level.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Bellingham. Bellingham.  He's not as good as Bellingham, he's not good enough for us. [emoji38]

But again you’re making arguments up for me. I’ve not at any point said he’s not as good as Bellingham so therefore he’s not good enough for us. It’s a tactic that bullies use to win arguments. 

Nonetheless - here is a list of players who, in my view, at age 20 or under have done more positive things on a football pitch than Anderson:

Hojlund, Udogie, Kerkez, Chukwuemeka, hall at Chelsea, rico lewis, lavia, garnacho, Enciso, Harvey Elliott, Evan Ferguson, Levi colwill…

Just now, Shak said:

Left side of Burn and Anderson was always going to be a bit grim in terms of creating anything.

Gordon being out was very fucking annoying, I do think there's a player in Anderson but it absolutely isn't as a wide forward.

Really felt we needed another wide man in summer and unfortunately with Barnes and Joelinton injured we're really feeling it.

I think Anderson's lack of pace without a better supporting left back or LCM will be a bit of an issue. He's got good feet and touch that you want on the edge of the box rather than coming in from out wide.

Disappointed with the draw in the end as we were so close to the win but overall thoughts:

-We played a difficult away game soon after playing  PSG and dominated possession though WHU were dangerous on the break

- We were able to improve second half against a team that didn’t for the majority of the game want to play football

-Tonali needs time and looked like he was gassed at 75 mins, maybe should have been subbbed. Was loose with passing (tried a flicked 1-2 and WHU got the ball) and played his part in their equaliser but think he’ll come good when he’s used to the pace of the game

-Anderson isn’t ready yet to be a starting player against the better teams, needs to play against weaker opposition or come in as an impact sub against tired players. Seems confident retaining possession in tight spaces but sometimes when he could have offloaded the ball to a teammate to recycle possession didn’t and lost the ball. Needs to improve decision making. Also charged out to close them down high up the pitch which set of a chain reaction that lead to their equaliser.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Would have snapped ya hands off for:

3 wins 1 draw in PL (the draw being away to a side who beat Brighton away, no less).

Knocking City out the cup.

Smashing PSG.

Drawing in Milan.

Top of our CL group.

Plenty of clean sheets.

All with 5 or so good players out. :lol:

But aye... Andersons shite is the vibe.

Killing it today mate, perfectly put into perspective. Honestly makes you despair at a few posters, these aren't representative of the fanbase as a whole is the only saving grace.

2 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

Offering multiple examples from one match does not justify saying a player is comprehensively not good enough when he's shown very promising qualities in many more matches over the last year or so. I'd certainly favour the larger sample size.

To say we aim to be an elite football club and then say he is not at that level is a ridiculous statement. Of course he's not elite, neither are many of our players, but that does not mean they're comprehensively not good enough.

I just don’t agree at all. He’s a nothing player, the kind one describes as “neat and tidy”. Essentially this is just opinion v opinion, so not more I can really do.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Shite again now lads, aye? :lol:

If your reaction to a decent draw is to immediately jump in here and start making sweeping criticisms of individuals, well, you're not for me.

Andersons shite. Tonalis shite. Pope's shite.

Just like Gordon? Just like Bruno a couple of weeks ago or Longstaff in the summer? 

It's reactionary nonsense.

It is a match thread, it's for those :lol:

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Anderson out wide reminds me of Milner out wide, everyone can see he is better through the middle.

He has also changed his body composition to have more impact through the middle than out in the wide areas.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

Anderson out wide reminds me of Milner out wide, everyone can see he is better through the middle.

He has also changed his body composition to have more impact through the middle than out in the wide areas.

Good player comparison, that

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surprised at how many are disappointed with a point tbh. Think is a pretty decent result.

Probably because we were a few minutes away from a win and were masters of our own downfall regarding their equaliser. 

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

I just don’t agree at all. He’s a nothing player, the kind one describes as “neat and tidy”. Essentially this is just opinion v opinion, so not more I can really do.

No. He’s an inexperienced, young academy player who’s clearly a talented footballer. He played out of position today. 

Surprised at how many are disappointed with a point tbh. Think is a pretty decent result.

I'm only disappointed in that we were leading and dominating and had a very good chance to put it beyond doubt.

I'd ha e took a point before and happy that we can dominate a team like West Ham. Just need to create more against low blocks. It'll come

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Personally thought West Ham were worth a point, but felt like we had took control in the second half with some sweet football, but then lost it for some reason. Not sure if we ran out of steam, or the subs disrupted us, but I think that's where the disappointment came from. For most of that second half it felt like we'd get the fourth goal of the game not them.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Theregulars was seriously thinking that Howe was failing and needed replacing  just a few weeks ago. He shits cholera out of his mouth.

I’m sorry but that’s complete horse shit and you know it is. The words I used were “seems like he’s not the man for the big occasion” on the basis that we have a mixed record in big matches. 

You posted the other day you’d never survived a job longer than 2 years - wonder why, given you appear to have no grip on reality or what words mean. 

Lying about what people say to try and fit in with others at someone’s expense is vermin-like behaviour. Shame on you.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I think Anderson's lack of pace without a better supporting left back or LCM will be a bit of an issue. He's got good feet and touch that you want on the edge of the box rather than coming in from out wide.

I think he'd do well to commit to turning himself into an absolute unit physically. Go live with Joelinton for a year or some shit.

I think he'd have the makings of a very good #8 once he's filled out a bit more.

I think most would have been happy before the game, just disappointed with such a late preventable goal, when we were in total control up to that point