Newcastle United vs. Borussia Dortmund - 25/10/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

4 hours ago, Rich said:

It probably is. And you did.

Isak for Wilson would be my only change. Can't be dropping Murphy after that showing, surely?

Think he’s claimed that right wing for now. 2 feet too!  Miggy as rocket juice super sub. Not that Murphy is slow mind. :indi:

4 hours ago, Rich said:

It probably is. And you did.

Isak for Wilson would be my only change. Can't be dropping Murphy after that showing, surely?

I think we need to recognise players aren't getting dropped, howe is rotating the squad and some players will be rested.  

They're used to atmosphere but in Germany its atmosphere for the sake of it rather than [assionately reflecting and reacting to the game taking place so well worth being at it again I fancy.

"Mind you, it might only be a darts match, but us British have still got to try and hammer these Jormans." - Oz

Hey guys,

I'm in a really humble position and would really appreciate any kind of help!

I'm an international student currently studying abroad in the UK and I got a ticket for the match vs. Borussia Dortmund on this Wednesday.

My accommodation is located in Carlisle, from where I will travel to the match.

Unfortunately, I've just noticed that the last train from Newcastle to Carlisle leaves at 21:25, so even before the end of the match.

I really wasn't aware that the public transport services are (apparently) so poor after a Newcastle United home match, especially as it's UCL...

So do you guys have any advice for me how to get back to Carlisle after the match? Bus services seem to be poor too, and an Uber will be really really expensive.

I'd really appreciate any kind of help as I'm really desperate at the moment :/

Thank you very much!

20 minutes ago, Isaak said:

Hey guys,

I'm an international student currently studying abroad in the UK and I got a ticket for the match vs. Borussia Dortmund on this Wednesday.

Unfortunately, I've just noticed that the last train from Newcastle to Carlisle leaves at 21:25, so even before the end of the match.

I really wasn't aware that the public transport services are (apparently) so poor after a Newcastle United home match, especially as it's UCL...

So do you guys have any advice for me how to get back to Carlisle after the match? Bus services seem to be poor too, and an Uber will be really really expensive.

Thank you very much!

Book a hotel, get bladdered in the city and get an early train home.

31 minutes ago, Isaak said:

Hey guys,

Thank you very much!

It’s the same travelling back anywhere north of Morpeth too. This country is a bit of a joke as I’m sure you’re finding out. Agree with above, unless you’re driving, you’ll probably need a room somewhere. You might save money by staying somewhere a bit further out you can get to after the game. 

32 minutes ago, Isaak said:

Hey guys,

Thank you very much!

Yeah, unless you can find someone to give you a lift, you won’t be getting back to Carlise without leaving the game early.

I would suggest searching social media for any NUFC Cumbria Supporters groups. That’s probably your best bet of finding a lift.

The Tyne Valley line does serves that route late on a weekday but only up to Hexham. I'm not sure there is huge demand for passenger services running late all the way across to Cumbria on an evening most days of the week tbh. And UK rail services will rarely adapt timetables/run extra services to suit sporting event. Even if they did I don't think we've historically had massive support in Cumbria tbh - most either support Carlisle or glory hunt south. That might change though going forward...

To answer your question I'm afraid your only solution is to book a hotel/hostel/Airbnb - or ask around and find somebody who is driving back that way. Maybe ask on somewhere like Twitter.

Maybe price up booking a taxi from Hexham to Carlisle? You could get the last train or a bus to cut some of the journey distance. May be at least cheaper than a hotel but tbh I'd have no idea of knowing for sure.

I think finding other Carlisle based fans would be the best bet though if you can.

Edited by ponsaelius

9 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

What was the L, Benfica?

Deportivo in the Intertoto. 26 unbeaten in the Champions League or UEFA Cup/Europa (pretty much all the latter competition [emoji38]) stretching back to that infamous Partizan night.

3 hours ago, Isaak said:

Hey guys,

Thank you very much!

No one is wanting to go to Carlisle at 10:30pm on a weeknight. You'll have to stay overnight. 

15 minutes ago, hakka said:

Just seeing what films are in the cinema for Wednesday evening. Any suggestions? Done Expendables 4. Thanks.

:lol: Who was it that called you the "worlds greatest cuck" or something like that. 

Tremendous! :lol: