Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Newcastle United (28/10/23)

Disco

Good point all things considered, mind the way Goodman and that other fucker were going on for most of the game you'd think we were a bang average side who've just burgled a smash and grab point at the Bernabeu after being battered for 90 minutes.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not a bad point, but feel like we could have done better when in the lead. At this point our summer transfer window has backfired on us. I have no idea why we signed Hall.

We’ve seen Tino play a Motm performance against Man City. I know he’s going to be starting from midweek but he really should have come on for Trippier today. Agree on Hall insofar as he got decent minutes for Chelsea. If he can’t come on for Burn late in matches then it doesn’t make a lot of sense. I know how much Howe likes people to settle before they start playing but our starting 11 has been dying in recent games after 70 mins 

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

I think, considering the state of our squad and how run into the ground they looked, we should be happy with that result. A draw at Wolves isn’t a bad result anyway, but in the circumstances it’s welcome.

I'd agree with that if we didn't have fresh legs on the bench, but we spent enough money on Tino, Hall and Targett and all of them have enough Prem experience to help out.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Just more evidence that we still don’t have a big enough squad. If we did we would have won that game, think we would have got at least a point out of the Dortmund match as well.

We really need to start giving the likes of Hall and Livramento minutes though.

Don’t understand the hall signing considering our budget constraints as attacking positions were more pressing e.g RW and we already had Targett to cover Burn.

Just now, Kanji said:

Shocking levels of decision making from the 70th minute onwards when we’re up by 1 or 2 goals this season. We’ve dropped 7 points from winning positions and the decision making absolutely shocking. 

Use the subs, man. Cmon. 

I actually said to my lad just after HT I wonder if the plan is to sack off the Carabao on Wednesday so not make too many changes tonight so we're fighting as fit as possible for Arsenal and Dortmund. Has to be the thinking 

Okay, so I missed the match so I can’t comment on the performance, but we’ve thrown away a lot of leads this season so far. The psychology of doing that vs clawing our way to a draw is what I think angers me the most. 

I was also very happy with our transfer business in the summer but you could be forgiven for thinking that the strategy doesn’t match up to what the manager wants to do with the team. The fullback situation is getting ridiculous. What are Hall and Livramento there for?

Edited by AJ9

1-0 up vs Pool at home also they had a 1st half red card too we throw it away.

2-1 up vs WHU away until last few mins and we throw it away.

2-1 up today and we throw it away.

this will add up to a lot of points end of season. instead of 9 points only 2.

only good thing today Chelsea lost at home.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Shocking levels of decision making from the 70th minute onwards when we’re up by 1 or 2 goals this season. We’ve dropped 7 points from winning positions and the decision making absolutely shocking. 

Use the subs, man. Cmon. 

It'll be physical and mental fatigue without being able to play our best CB. The lack of options off the bench tonight was unfortunate.

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

A point at wolves is fine, they're a decent team. 

Have to agree with the comments on the lack of substitutions. The summer signings are looking like really poor decisions at the moment, if we aren't utilising them when we're this threadbare. 

Very rarely frustrated with him but really disappointed in him today. 

I know we've got a game midweek and he probably wants to protect some of them for that but 4 players looked fucked by 65 minutes.

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

It was the laziest fucking MOTM I've ever seen, only made worse by him admitting it. :lol:'well he's not been the best player but he scored two goals'. Insightful.

As others have said, Schar for me.

Yep. Schar was immense. As usual.

Love Eddie but that was really poor game management by him, it was clear as day that we needed some fresh legs in the second half. I thought Trippier in particular looked very fatigued and sloppy, he had one of his worst games for us, why not give Tino 30 minutes?

Edited by Jackie Broon

Popes punch was expected middle of the box pissing down if he fumbles they're in. Cleared his lines wolves still had a lot to do to score. Tripps burn Wilson should have come off for Targett tino and Willock hoy gordon up top. And we hang on I think.