Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 2/12/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Izakaya said:

We got anyone back from injury for this?

I think the only real hope is Longstaff, and he would be the only one for the next 5 games or more.. I've given up on Botman to be honest, I'm kind of just assuming that it's long term with him.

Edited by Erikse

Their keeper is shite let’s be honest and that defence is leaky as fuck. That being said they’ve got some dangerous players particularly on the break. 

Shame we’ll still lack options from the bench but I really fancy us at home against these. I think our midfield has theirs like. Crowd will be well up for this too. 

8 hours ago, Erikse said:

I think the only real hope is Longstaff, and he would be the only one for the next 5 games or more.. I've given up on Botman to be honest, I'm kind of just assuming that it's long term with him.

It’s already been long term with Botman tbh.

Both teams have 14 injuries each. Id argue it's worse for us because our squad is thinner but we have more belief and team spirit than them. 

I'd be disappointed if we didn't win and I'm sure the lads, even though tired, will be well up for it but I will support them whatever!! 

3-0!!! Isak, Gordon and Bruuuuuuno.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

@Froggyexpected line up?

Expected:

Onana

Wan Bissaka

Maguire

Lindelof

Shaw

Mainoo

McTominay

Garnacho

Fernandes

Rashford

Hojlund

What we're hoping for:

De Gea

Wan Bissaka

Maguire

Varane

Shaw

Mainoo

McTominay

Garnacho

Fernandes

Antony

Hojlund

Edited by Froggy

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Expected:

Onana

Wan Bissaka

Maguire

Lindelof

Shaw

Mainoo

McTominay

Garnacho

Fernandes

Rashford

Hojlund

What we're hoping for:

De Gea

Wan Bissaka

Maguire

Varane

Shaw

Mainoo

McTominay

Garancho

Fernandes

Antony

Hojlund

Froggy, what do you reckon? You think you will come away with anything?

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Froggy, what do you reckon? You think you will come away with anything?

We have quality in attack to cause any team in the world problems, but we're a shambles at the back under any sort of pressure, and you will bring pressure.

As always, shut down Bruno Fernandes and you will keep us quiet at one end. You'll have no issues at the other.

3-1.

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

Really? Genuine ask here - only seen him a handful of times including the Manchester derby where he looked woeful and petulant.

Who else? Pellistri has proven he's not ready. Rashford is shite on the left and worse again on the right. The only player we can put there who will do a job is Bruno Fernandes and then we suffer elsewhere on the pitch.

Antony has his moments. He's an average winger at best but his pace can at least stretch teams and help give Fernandes space who has the ability to cut teams apart. I'd much rather it was Burn he was up against than Livramento though.

42 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Who else? Pellistri has proven he's not ready. Rashford is shite on the left and worse again on the right. The only player we can put there who will do a job is Bruno Fernandes and then we suffer elsewhere on the pitch.

Antony has his moments. He's an average winger at best but his pace can at least stretch teams and help give Fernandes space who has the ability to cut teams apart. I'd much rather it was Burn he was up against than Livramento though.

Yeah, fair enough - wouldn't put it past Rashford to find his form suddenly though :lol:

As usual with Man U, they have pace on the counter and are usually quite clinical. So if we play smart and restrict their ability to counterattack then I think our midfield dominates them. 

However all depends on how well the players have recovered from Tuesday and can play with energy.