Newcastle United 1-1 Everton (02/04/24) | Reaction: pg 40

Yorkie

While it's easy to say with hindsight, our quad being so stretched thin at the moment really gives us no options off the bench. I don't hate dummett, but I look forward to the day when we he's not being forced onto the field as a sub

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

been unimpressed by Willock's cameo. When you compare it with Anderson's performance it's night and day in terms of energy and enthusiasm. 

That cross he done, where he could’ve passed it but scooped a shit one high in the air to the keeper made me lose my head.

Fully expected him to enjoy this game giving how open it was, but he was proper crap yet again. 

I’ll give him some slack though like I’ve done with others, in that I think he’s playing partially injured. 

He'd rather play a player who cannot get a sniff and was finished years ago kept around the club as a mascot same as Gillespie is. When hall went down I'd of went alex Murphy for 12 minutes at left back. 

1 minute ago, Jonas said:

Feels a bit like a loss, but its not really with the amount of players we have out, with what we have to field (Longstaff, Dummett, Krafth, Murphy and now Dubravka is shot to bits were and would be lucky to be at Ashley's NUFC)

We should win Everton at home, now cmon.

Just now, JUICE690 said:

This shite from the commentary. They didn’t claw their way back. We gifted them a fucking penalty.

The infuriating thing is, he wasnt even a threat, just fucking idiotic. I can get it if hes about to score but he was doing nowt.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Had the feeling of our December games where we knew we'd have to manage legs during the second half.

Aye it was dejavu.

1 minute ago, Joe1984 said:

So couldn't beat Everton, Bournemouth, Luton or the worst Chelsea team in decades this season...

We beat Chelsea 4-1

No fucking clue why we get so stressed and become poor at evaluating play and manage the game. Piss poor decisions all over the pitch. Need fucking composure. 

3 minutes ago, simonsays said:

You miss the game on the weekend?

Some it loads this season. If I'm being pedantic it was the 90th minute. But joking aside that's because we had decent options off the bench against West Ham. There's been numerous other games where we've either passed the ball aimlessly about or not been able to get possession. We've played pretty well tonight and shit ourselves in the foot. Bit disappointing but I'm not going to piss myself over it.

The backline we had out when Hall went off is relegation battle material, not really a shock that we couldn't hang on to a clean sheet. Annoying how it happened though. 

An absolutely braindead performance.

Complacent, casual, lacking purpose in attack. Sitting on a 1-0 lead with our defensive record is seriously, seriously stupid, and you could see that's what we were doing.

A seriously shite performance because the main things we've come to see as a given from this lot were missing: effort and application. 

Dubravka: 5

Krafth: 5

Schär: 5

Burn: 7.5

Hall: 6 Dummett: 0 stupid fucking arsehole 

Bruno: 7

Longstaff: 4

Anderson: 5.5 Willock 5.5

Murphy: 6

Isak: 6.5

Barnes: 6

Just now, Geordinho said:

Apart from beating Chelsea 4-1

Ah another cock up by me. 🤣

The rest still holds true though...

I know its against the rules of squad limits and ffp but Howe should still have magiced up some better quality players to make up the numbers on the bench and bring on.