Manchester United vs. Newcastle United: 15/5/24 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

4 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Just seen if we beat them it'll be the first time we've done 4 in a row over them since they changed their name from Newton Heath in 1902

chance of a new dvd compilation you say?

Premier League Football GIF by KICK

Didn’t see the match earlier but the radio mentioned that they didn’t play too badly, Arsenal maybe a bit twitchy in the last few mins?

Hopefully that gives them the confidence to press the play and give us some chances to counter attack.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

That leaky stand going to be fit for purpose on Wednesday? Roof might collapse. 

If it does, nothing of value is lost.

EDIT:

The roof is what im talking about - dont be grim.

Edited by worthy

I'm hoping  for something like this, no slight on Anderson who was excellent yesterday, but we need Big Joe for this, and could do with Longstaff's defensive legs on that right, given Howes comments it wouldn't surprise me if Schar is in contention.

Pope

Trippier Schar Burn Hall

Longstaff Bruno Joelinton 

Gordon      Isak      Barnes

If it is that, it'll be basically the best team wed have put out in 7 months :lol:

Desperate for a win, would take any version of a win but one in which at least one of their players makes a fool of themselves would be a treat

3 hours ago, Beth said:

A draw is neither here nor there, got to be going for the win.

A draw guarantees top seven and, if Chelsea don't beat Brighton, keeps us in pole position for 6th.

I wouldn't take it if offered but a point here is at minimum a useful result. 

3 hours ago, 54 said:

I'm hoping  for something like this, no slight on Anderson who was excellent yesterday, but we need Big Joe for this, and could do with Longstaff's defensive legs on that right, given Howes comments it wouldn't surprise me if Schar is in contention.

Pope

Trippier Schar Burn Hall

If it is that, it'll be basically the best team wed have put out in 7 months :lol:

Livramento has to play, surely?

Is Schar back for this? Hope he his. 

Pope, Trippier

4 hours ago, 54 said:

Pope

Trippier Schar Burn Hall

Livramento for Hall.

Tempted to have Murphy over Barnes but either of them coming on from the bench running against tired legs would be great.

I'm conflicted. It's such an important game. Not sure if it's best to start our players who aren't match fit but of better quality than the alternatives, or the players that are in best shape who's performed well lately.

Over to you Howe.

Should be no excuses for not going there Wednesday and winning. Their defence is a mess and midfield non existent.

Only issue is our naivety in continually leaving space in front of our defence, so Fernandes will have all the time he wants, and the pace across their line. 

Hopefully Joe fit to start, as him back in that midfield will make a huge difference, I’d also have Gordon on RW and Barnes starting. Get a sight of goal, shoot. 

Holy man

Chipper Skipper

Krafth Mac & Cheese

Giraffe

Slowly walking down the Hall

Seany Longstocking

If you leave me now you take away the biggest part of me

Brazil nut

Meme lord

The wonderful everyday

Milkybar kid

prediction: just fkng win

Think people need to remember Man Utd have a pretty much equal points total - results wise they are as good and they are also at home. They are the favourites here.

1 hour ago, Sibierski said:

Should be no excuses for not going there Wednesday and winning. Their defence is a mess and midfield non existent.

Only issue is our naivety in continually leaving space in front of our defence, so Fernandes will have all the time he wants, and the pace across their line. 

Hopefully Joe fit to start, as him back in that midfield will make a huge difference, I’d also have Gordon on RW and Barnes starting. Get a sight of goal, shoot. 

Fernandes still a doubt after missing yesterday apparently 

5 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Fernandes still a doubt after missing yesterday apparently 

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was being held back for Wednesday. Probably hurts Man Utd fans to acknowledge Arsenal aren’t their rivals this year

11 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Think people need to remember Man Utd have a pretty much equal points total - results wise they are as good and they are also at home. They are the favourites here.

We are favourites with Skybet.

Find it strange people keep talking up Chelsea, whilst downplaying our own form, when the two clubs have had very similar form since the new year. They've both caught an out of sorts and injury riddled Man United.

This will be tough, particularly being away from home, but we have more than a punchers chance.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Find it strange people keep talking up Chelsea, whilst downplaying our own form, when the two clubs have had very similar form since the new year. They've both caught an out of sorts and injury riddled Man United.

This will be tough, particularly being away from home, but we have more than a punchers chance.

We have two away games and have been ropey away all season. 

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We have two away games and have been ropey away all season. 

I don't disagree. Man United have been pretty ropey of late full stop, can see it being quite end to end.

I think we'll be really frustrated after the Brighton game, even though it was hardly a disaster, and will look to take it out on these.

Two teams with patched up defences, but we'll have had that extra day of rest. Hopefully Isak is well and firing as I can see both him and Bruno having points to prove - Howe and the management as well for that matter, after Ratcliffe and the constant gardener's antics.

I didn´t think manu were so bad against arsenal yesterday, they put up a lot of fight but just didn´t have the quality up front and in the middle.

If Fernandes; Rashford and any defender (what they are saying) is back then it will be a tough game.

Would bring big Joe back into the fold for at least the first sixty mins, then replace with anderson. Rest of team sort of picks itself (murphy or barnes??)