Marc Guehi

gdm

11 minutes ago, manorpark said:

If we genuinely want him I think we will get him.

We are Newcastle United.

I like your positivity and there’s loads going for us but its just my opinion and I’d love to be proved wrong.

17 minutes ago, manorpark said:

If we genuinely want him I think we will get him.

We are Newcastle United.

Just like Olise & Tosin aye?

34 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Left footed though, isn't he?  Guehi makes more sense in that regard as he would be to replace Schar long term.

This is one of the more difficult aspects of the transfer. 
Long term this signing is Schars replacement. But for this season the signing is his partner.   Guehi is perfect in the regard that he can play both sides and uses both feet to distribute.  But he has similar aerial weaknesses to Schar.  

Also there has to be question marks about Botman going forward.  A lot of players come back from ACLs and are never as good. While some go on to improve.  

I also prefer Branthwaite to Guehi because he’s more my type of CB. But there are definitely drawbacks - left footed, Guehi is a leader, Guehi far more experienced, Guehi quicker, Braithwaite better in the air, assume more potential to improve. 

Still think there’s better value outside the division.  Our current quality CBs came from abroad. 

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I’ll be honest, I’ve never really actually noticed Schar’s aerial weakness… not enough for it to be an obvious problem in our team anyway.

I think it was previously more noticeable.  He’s more aggressive these days in the air. And the way we defend and how other teams attack has changed. But I would still want his defensive partner to be better than him at it.  

A Night out. Have i missed something? My stats and account don’t look good. Unlikely that I passed the eye test either.  Need a graph. 

9 minutes ago, Troll said:

What is this eye test people keep bringing up?  Is it just a pretentious way of saying you've watched someone play?

Embarrassing for you to admit publicly that you don't know ball

A lack of updates can only be a good thing.

It either means that there isn't much in this and we're working on other stuff, or Parish and his agent are serious about our interst and aren't briefing the media every day to flush out other suitors.

2 hours ago, Willow said:

I don't give a fuck about the amount we spend on any player, as long as we get what we need to improve the team, that's all that counts.

Really, really hope we can get this one done asap.

I suspect that if we have a(nother) disappointing season, some combination of Isak, Bruno, and Gordon are off. We won't be able to keep them. Any of them leaving would settle any PSR issues we might have, but at the cost of a huge step backwards for the team.

So we might as well strenghten regardless of cost to make us a team capable of keeping Isak, Bruno, and Gordon. If this means likely PSR issues, Champions League and one fewer star player due to a PSR-driven sale would be preferable to no Champions League and star players agitating to leave due to no Champions League.

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Did we ever get in touch with Leipzig?

Talk was we were negotiating around the fee from the release clause but they never budged.

3 minutes ago, duo said:

I would be more worried about Liverpool interest if Klopp was there.

Have Liverpool signed anyone yet 

37 minutes ago, Troll said:

What is this eye test people keep bringing up?  Is it just a pretentious way of saying you've watched someone play?

Basically. @KaKa debuted the phrase on here in 2011, according to the search function. But more popular since 2020.

58 minutes ago, Troll said:

Stats nonces use it to pretend they've watched someone play.

18 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Stats nonces use it to pretend they've watched someone play.

It’s the antithesis to stats noncery, surely? As an example, a player who’s got a lot of greens on his fbref but looks like a donkey when you actually watch him play “doesn’t pass the eye test”.

But yeah @Troll it’s just shorthand for what the player looks like when he’s playing. Fairly harmless.

Edited by McCormick