AFC Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (25/08/24)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

Eddie needs to rip them a new one.

I can't imagine him ever raising his voice :lol: seems too nice a guy

Edited by Klaus

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Any idea what those tactics were anyone? Kick it forward when possible, to no one in particular. 

Tactically very poor today. Ghost town up front, and very little guile at getting it forward.

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

Mind semesi (think thats his name) has rinsed everyone so far

I could see us going for him if he were a few years younger 

It's a competitive league. Bournemouth have skillful players with a good manager. They have a CL level striker they've just dropped into the side. This is my real concern with the transfer window - everybody is looking to move forward and improve - you can't afford to stand still.

A dirty part of me really wishes Bruno's release clause was met and we were able to do a refresh with 4-5 signings. At the moment it just looks so.... stale.

Just now, Erikse said:

Is it really going to be another season of horrible away form.. Our away form was incredible in the 22/23 season, what happened?

We stopped being a cunt team that did whatever it took to get a result, to being one that is pushed over by inferior players.

Back line is very nervous on the ball and Pope is also...

They are pressing well and webare making mistakes, such as joe's for the goal.

Need a bit more precision and BITE!!!

Just now, Big Geordie said:

It's early days for this season lads - no need to panic yet.

They all need a kick up the arse though - no doubt.

You can say that it's early days and that's true but we've been poor away from home for over a year now. Not just in terms of results but level of performance.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

It's a competitive league. Bournemouth have skillful players with a good manager. They have a CL level striker they've just dropped into the side. This is my real concern with the transfer window - everybody is looking to move forward and improve - you can't afford to stand still.

A dirty part of me really wishes Bruno's release clause was met and we were able to do a refresh with 4-5 signings. At the moment it just looks so.... stale.

Stale is the perfect word for where we are as a club currently imo.

2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

We look unfit, and sluggish.

Funny thing is, Bournemouth look nothing special and are there for the taking.

Same vs Southampton, We look like we need a warm weather training session away 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Effort from Joelinton once he was robbed was abysmal. Lost it in a dangerous position and just jogged back despite them getting bodies in the box. By the time the ball ends up in the net he's STILL 6 yards outside of the box. At this level that's borderline disgraceful

Shouldn’t have been robbed, should have just passed it to the defender he was facing. He did the same on the counter earlier on, could have passed it to Gordon, or could have played it out to the right, kept a hold of it when everyone could tell he was going to lose it.

Even last season, a lot of the time we gave the ball away was because we just wouldn’t fucking pass the ball to the player available next to them. Schar is the worst offender when he comes out from defence, but everyone likes when he does because they can shout ‘Shooooooooot’.

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

I want to know how signing Guehi could change this

I think he’d be better in possession which might help us keep the ball. But aye, the whole tea apart from Isak, imo look off

Taking Hall out has taken away technical ability down the left, as for being more solid defensively Kelly failed to stop the cross anyway.. and are we playing Real Madrid away or something to be making a ‘defensive’ change??

Once again refusing to play Barnes - Gordon is clearly rusty as hell with no pre season… why the need to play him no matter what his condition? Yes he’s been great, but you paid £40m for someone to challenge him… this playing players no matter what the form/condition is detrimental.  

Lastly, I’m sorry but Joelinton is a (good but) limited midfielder, he lacks nous and technical ability and someone like Billy Gilmour should have been brought in to add a more settled midfield passing pattern of play. 

5 minutes ago, Smal said:

We started well the first twenty minutes. We’re just always going to struggle to grab hold of games with our lack of control and technical ability. The PL is full of good teams and managers now, and they’ve been recruiting better than us recently.

Makes it concerning for me we still don’t target players to help with that. 

1 minute ago, hakka said:

Tactically very poor today. Ghost town up front, and very little guile at getting it forward.

We started well to be fair. Really got at them quickly, albeit without anything to show for it. Really frustrating how we stepped off and let them back into it. 

Same problem as all of last season: we cannot do any passy passy through a team. We're completely reliant on making chances from the press or hitting on the counter.

A team gets on top, we can't pass out to relieve the pressure so we whack it long and lose it.

If Howe fails here it's going to be this inability to get the team to just pass and move quickly from the back, but right now everyone want to take 3 or 4 touches every time they get the ball.

Edited by Checko

We only have a few genuinely technical players in our squad; 2 of them in Schar and Trippier aren’t playing. We’ve relied a lot on physicality and intensity for a few seasons, it’s concerning going forward if we can’t keep that style up.

Trippier starting just about made Longstaff with Murphy/Almiron on the right functional going forward.

Right now it just looks impossible to build anything through midfield with that side completely ineffective.

It's absolutely horrendous.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

It's early days for this season lads - no need to panic yet.

They all need a kick up the arse though - no doubt.

No need to panic I agree. But there are worrying signs so far over the first 1.5 games. The top 8 will probably be tighter than in a long time and we need to keep pace IMO. Playing well, showing an identity and losing is one thing, but we’ve been turgid. This team needs a couple of new signings to give everyone energy. 

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Yes, thats why we need players. Stop looking for players we cant, there are so many players that would improve out shit ones. What are we doing??