Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Newcastle United (15/09/24) | Reaction: pg 51

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I’m still not remotely convinced that livramento is worth picking over trippier.

He isn't if you're playing him alongside Longstaff and Murphy down that side.

Just now, Andy said:

It's really hard to see what we're trying to do when we attack, it seems like the entire strategy so far this season is give it to Gordon and see if he does something. 

Teams have worked out that letting us have the ball is a pretty decent idea, we've got Joelinton, Murphy and Longstaff as part of our group of players trying to play football and break teams down.

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Livramento just wants to sprint onto a ball...always under hit for that by Murphy though :lol:

He's no where near Trips level yet

1 minute ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Murphy's poor but he'd more useful if Tonali was starting. Isak again completely isolated 

That's been one of the biggest issues in every single game this season. Hasn't been solved as of yet.

That is galling.

Wolves look so poor. Burn covering at LB for the goal, dragged out of position, and Hall jogs back and doesn't cover for him.

Very little tempo. Murphy a non-factor.

Three points still very much available but Howe going the unnecessarily hard way again. This would be such a shit 3 or 2 points to drop with our aspirations.

3 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I’m still not remotely convinced that livramento is worth picking over trippier.

He is but not as someone who is inverting. Not sure what Eddie is thinking with that. 

8 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Of course it was a factor, but again he lost it at the other end of the pitch. There were an awful lot of other players who didn’t do their jobs for that goal to occur. But fine keep your pitchforks out for your scapegoats. Fucking worse than Grand Old Team in the match threads on here sometimes

it's not scapegoating when it's happened 4 times prior in this match alone, not to mention that's his level in general

fwiw, I put this 90% on Howe as we have a far superior technician rotting on the bench for some reason

'

Edited by Roids

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

Howe seriously needs to change his approach, man. Can't be having your two CMs press on their own, then always leave one back (Longstaff that time) at best who's then dealing with 3+ runners. ETH stuff this.

It’s like so many managers have sussed it now and he’s not willing to gamble and change - we know he can as he did back end of last season and it worked a few times. This season though Howe has looked one dimensional as a manager so far to be honest.

3 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

This is fucking abysmal mind. The midfield are all over the place.

When aren’t they? When have we controlled games in midfield? I can’t think of one game in recent memory.

1 minute ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Murphy's poor but he'd more useful if Tonali was starting. Isak again completely isolated 

Murphy is just fucking shit.

I have no fucking idea why people think playing him ahead of Almirón is a better alternative.