Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Newcastle United (15/09/24) | Reaction: pg 51

Yorkie

We are always so deep so have little compactness and this means our midfield has to cover a lot of ground, also why we get destroyed in transition. 

Bruno as a single pivot is great when we are dominating but when we aren’t we are so exposed. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Good for the first 30 mins, shite after that. I will say like, our worst performers today so far have been Bruno and Isak IMO. Both have lost the ball numerous times, and Bruno was dreadful for the goal.

Whole team needs a kick up the arse, and Tonali / Barnes need to be on. Potentially Trippier too.

Are you brave enough to say the team selection is wrong?

Poor decision from Livramento.

Still...our other choice for RB would have still been on the half way line during that attack though. :lol:

Edited by Aiston

I'm loathed to have a go at Eddie, but the lack of a 6 (it's a 4 in my old brain), and he's made it clear we don't play with one, kills us away from home. You need that protection in front of your defence, everyone can see it, can't they ?

Bruno's lack of mobility is really an issue when we get countered against. Especially in combination with Burn, Longstaff, Schar and to a lesser extent Hall.

We are so slow when we get turned around. Doesn't help when Longstaff can't find a team mate all half. 

Gordon individual moment of brilliance the only threat going forward. 

Isak is wasted in this team at the moment. Without anyone near him to link with he's not the elite player he can be. He just looks like a weak target man which is not his game. 

Just now, Stottie said:

Started watching the international feed, dipped into Sky, and then back to international feed. Fuck me, "Carra" hates us doesn't he? Every possible dig he can get in. Completely unbearable.

A string of errors for their goal, and not just what the Scouse cuntface said about Longstaff. Big Al on now on the international feed and just blaming us for not getting a goal when on top. International feed blaming Dan Burn for getting too tight and Tino for stopping and not following the goalscorer.

There are points out there if we want them. Howay the lads!

Carragher loves the way we play when we're on it. If we're critical of how we're playing at the moment I would expect him to be. He's right as well, we've been poor in possession and Longstaff and Joelinton have been the main culprits.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

We consistently fail to get him involved in games away from home.

Yeah he looked great first 20 minutes though. Our transition from defence to attack is still awful and has been years any form of counter press and we look shaky. 

I thought it was an improved performance by us and up until their goal we dominated, but they're parking the bus at home and looking to take us on the break, we need to be smarter, move the ball quicker and take our chances.

It's obvious that the personnel on the pitch is preventing us from full tempo and accuracy. I'd like to see Barnes, Tonali and Willock get some minutes for Murphy, Longstaff and Joelinton.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Are you brave enough to say the team selection is wrong?

We're shite whoever is in the team on the basis of this. There's no impetus at all. 

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Whatever fomration we are playing, it's not helping Isak. At all.

I see this a lot, but Isak has to take some responsibility too. His touch and use of the ball has been unusually poor this season.