Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

I think you're going to have to confirm what you mean by "cutting in from the left" [emoji38]. What you're saying is not making any sense! If you cut in from the left and try to stick it in the far corner with the outside of your right boot, then the keeper's probably going to save it!

That's exactly what I did all the time. Did it loads, worked mint [emoji38]

As I say, better five-a-side but worked eleven-a-side plenty as well.

I think you're going to have to confirm what you mean by "cutting in from the left" :lol:. What you're saying is not making any sense! If you cut in from the left and try to stick it in the far corner with the outside of your right boot, then the keeper's probably going to save it!

Not if it's going like a thunderbastard and high toward the top corner.

I think you're going to have to confirm what you mean by "cutting in from the left" :lol:. What you're saying is not making any sense! If you cut in from the left and try to stick it in the far corner with the outside of your right boot, then the keeper's probably going to save it!

Not in 5-a-side. Your best bet cutting in from the left and going for the far corner is to hit it with the inside of your right foot and bend it round the keeper.

I'll find an example. Was Cole's goal at Old Trafford in our first PL season one or am I remembering it wrong?

Point is I was always almost as accurate with the outside of my foot but you don't see it much.

I totally agree with this mind you, I was ace with the outside of my left and could get some serious swerve. Right-footed example; the goal that Martina guy scored for Southampton against Arsenal.

I think you're going to have to confirm what you mean by "cutting in from the left" [emoji38]. What you're saying is not making any sense! If you cut in from the left and try to stick it in the far corner with the outside of your right boot, then the keeper's probably going to save it!

Not in 5-a-side. Your best bet cutting in from the left and going for the far corner is to hit it with the inside of your right foot and bend it round the keeper.

My personal experience says otherwise, Leffe. What if you don't have much time to get the ball from under your feet and also don't want the defenders or keeper to know what you're doing? Well you knock it in with the outside of your right foot before they've even had a chance to realise.

My personal experience says otherwise, Leffe. What if you don't have much time to get the ball from under your feet and also don't want the defenders or keeper to know what you're doing? Well you knock it in with the outside of your right foot before they've even had a chance to realise.

Yeah, but to the near post. Toepoke actually works better in 5-a-side. Hitting it with the outside of your right across the GK makes it easier for him to save it, as it has to pass closer to him, and it also has to travel further.

• 2 weeks later...