Allardyce supposedly as good as appointed - Happy or Disappointed?

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man management skills - check

Tactical acumen - check

Good grasp of worldwide markets - check

Match preparation - check

Motivational skills - check

Good grasp of fitness and diet techniques - check

Improving players - check (made Michael Rickets into an England player)

Spotting unknow talent - check (Ben Haim, their 'keeper)

Discipline - check

Bringing through any available youth - check

Improving a club's all-round status league, financial and playing/coaching wise - check

Working with a limited budget - check

Mapping out strategies, plans and improvements - check

Use of technology to aid players, club and results - check

I'll be fucking delighted if he becomes our manager, first time in my life supporting the club we've appointed someone at the top of my own list of ideal managers, someone I actually want, rate and can believe in and get excited about.

I feel exactly the same. He has my full support and I'm actually now excited at the prospect of real change. It will take time we know but at least we know he's got the skills to pay the bills.......bring on the summer  :smiley6600:

Man management skills - check

Tactical acumen - check

Good grasp of worldwide markets - check

Match preparation - check

Motivational skills - check

Good grasp of fitness and diet techniques - check

Improving players - check (made Michael Rickets into an England player)

Spotting unknow talent - check (Ben Haim, their 'keeper)

Discipline - check

Bringing through any available youth - check

Improving a club's all-round status league, financial and playing/coaching wise - check

Working with a limited budget - check

Mapping out strategies, plans and improvements - check

Use of technology to aid players, club and results - check

I'll be f****** delighted if he becomes our manager, first time in my life supporting the club we've appointed someone at the top of my own list of ideal managers, someone I actually want, rate and can believe in and get excited about.

I feel exactly the same. He has my full support and I'm actually now excited at the prospect of real change. It will take time we know but at least we know he's got the skills to pay the bills.......bring on the summer  :smiley6600:

Make that three. Can't really argue with the points that wor coach has put across like.

This has obviously been agreed behind the scenes ages ago, if he gets the job so quickly which may explain a number of things at our end and Bolton's. If so, will this be a first, the club actually planning something in advance? Still why get rid of Roeder with just one game to go? Ah, who cares now.

Another myth that people make up in the hope that if they say it enough it will become fact.

As for the rest after the bold bit. Well, you obviously care 'cos you just saw fit to moan about it.

Bloody hell, grass.

I was taking the piss, of course it won't be the first time the club will have planned something in advance. Once again though you try and defend the board despite no-one criticising them. They'll actually get a thumbs up from me if Big Sam does get appointed, although I still want them out and for that to change they'll have to change themselves and undo all the crap they've created over the years, starting now with our finances, after the manager decision of course.

Once again I'm defending nothing, just pointing out where people are making stuff up.

No-one is making any stuff up. Locked on your defend the board at all times mission, you've picked out a comment that was made in jest and brought the board into things once again. Care to discuss other things, namely the new manager, whoever it is and give the board crap a miss for the evening? ;)

With your sarcastic remark about planning, which you're now claiming was a joke, you brought the Board into this thread, mate. Not me.

Try the mirror.

Hes broken them all with his ugliness.

Any need? Get a grip. So fuck, he's ugly, he's a virgin. So what?

Absolute, cast iron, 110% legend  mackems.gif

Guest Petay

An optimists view:

Allardyce turned us down the first time because he didn't want to a) join a club mid-season with someone else's squad and b) leave a club he felt loyalty to mid season as it would feck them over.  He didn't join us the second time as he really wanted (and to be fair to him should have got) the England job, by the time that post was filled by the national joke that is McClaren, we had filled our post with our own more lacalised joke of Glen "I don't make excuses, BUT" Roeder.  Now none of those are an issue, so he can join and help turn this club around.

Still nowt confirmed at all and no one carrying that we have got him.

So absolutely nothing is different from this morning then ??

T27 said it was confirmed on the BBC then it wasnt. Apparently.

Several people can back me up on that.

Several people can back me up on that.

:lol:

I would prefer another Manager someone in the Hiddink or Hitzfeld vane but as I know there isn't a chance in hell of getting them, then he's the best we could get considering the last two appointments the board has made.

As a Mackem would like to thank FFS with all of my heart for putting Big Sam in charge, at least till he gets nicked.

Newcastle United will doubtless spend the money they get from selling Michael Owen on Peter Crouch and while Bolton change to a footballing side under Sammy Lee you lot will become perfect exponents of the long ball game.

Knowing how you love the beautiful game to be played a few more chants of 'sack the board ' will be ringing out at the same time next year.

D-

must try harder.

Or will he think he can get the best out of them like he did with his own headcases at Bolton like Diouf.

I hope he just gets rd of all the players who have been a let down to us this season, particularly Carr and Babayaro and he doesn't keep them around.

I will be watching these decisions very closely.

Guest assyriantoon

Allardyce is definantly what we need right now. Sure he's not Louis Van Gaal but people need to realise that we cannot attract those kind of managers in our current predicement. Allardyce will have us challenging for Europe and while he may not be able to take us as far as Van Gaal, he will make us an organised attractive club so that next time we are looking for a new manager, we can find a Van Gaal to take us to the next step.

Guest Knightrider

Poll off the main site: Big Sam Anyone?

* Yes please (51%)

You Have Voted For This Choice - Yes please -> 51% (562 Votes)

* No thank you (24%)

No thank you -> 24% (258 Votes)

* Undecided (14%)

Undecided -> 14% (148 Votes)

* Other (12%)

Other -> 12% (126 Votes)

Thus far

Don't get too cocky..... He hasn't joined yet.

This is probably why Newcastle don't win anything. You get too cocky.

Until he joins he hasn't joined.

Until you have qualified for Europe you haven't qualified.

Until you lift the FA Cup you haven't won it.

And so on and so on!

Don't take things for granted else it won't happen!

I'm going to throw a bag of shit on your mums head!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Anyone who is opposed to Big Sams appointment want their heads looking at.

The only reason the majority of people who dont want him, dont want him is because of his so called direct football

Get it into your heads he made the best of what he had in the most effective way he could

“If I was a manager of a top club with top players and huge resources,” Allardyce once said, “my players would be better than the other team’s players 95 per cent of the time and we’d play a different style to how we do at Bolton, although there would be a lot of core values that I’d want to retain.”

Guest JamesD

Anyone who is opposed to Big Sams appointment want their heads looking at.

The only reason the majority of people who dont want him, dont want him is because of his so called direct football

Get it into your heads he made the best of what he had in the most effective way he could

“If I was a manager of a top club with top players and huge resources,” Allardyce once said, “my players would be better than the other team’s players 95 per cent of the time and we’d play a different style to how we do at Bolton, although there would be a lot of core values that I’d want to retain.”

my only apprehension about allardyce would be what kind of football he would play given a bigger budget, but thanks for posting that quote.

SSN say 'Sources close to Allardyce confirm he will become our manager,  but only after the seasons finished"

I should add that i'd be delighted,  btw.  After the shite of Souness and Roeder,  and given that I doubt we could be attracting world class managers,  Allardyce is a brilliant choice for me.