José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Every player is up for sale. Surely the Carroll transfer convinced everyone of that.

If Liverpool, or anyone else, whack a £12m bid for him then he'll go. He'll only have a year left on his deal and we'll snap their hands off. It's a cunt of a situation but that's where we are.

That was my thinking, getting in early with his "not my fault, chairman makes the decisions...".

I hope he has been misquoted or it's made up but if not (as I expect) then it's very cuntish timing and respect wise.

So have Pardew's comments in the last week or so (best left back in the league, backing him for a Spain call-up) just been an effort to up his price?

Whenever Pardew speaks about our players in the media, it sounds like a sales pitch.

Give over man. He always bigs up individual players, as he should. He's said no different about Jose than Krul, Barton, Best or Tiote, Williamson, Colo, in fact pretty much every player in the squad.

There was a newspaper story about Newcastle being interested in a Spanish left back player during the last transfer window (it may even be in this thread). I guess it could well have been true.

If it's José Ángel, he's very promising but dunno if it's too early for him to move abroad. Hasn't had a full season as first choice yet.

It's amazing that a player can sit there and say "I want to play Champions League football, be at a big club like Man U" and people still go "Well it must be Ashley and Pardew wanting rid, it simply has to be. There's no other explanation" :lol:

This, this, this. And as for selling Carroll, as I said, what difference would it have made not selling him. We'd still not be in the champions league, and we'd have even less money to invest to get close to a sniff of it.

I'd love to know what's been going on behind the scenes lately. Ever since Hughton's sacking really, of course.

It's funny how all our good guys become bad just as they leave the club lately, isn't it? Virtually a fully verifiable correlation between decency and contributing to all things wholesome, and leaving in toxic circumstances.

It's amazing that a player can sit there and say "I want to play Champions League football, be at a big club like Man U" and people still go "Well it must be Ashley and Pardew wanting rid, it simply has to be. There's no other explanation" :lol:

In fairness, I can't ever remember anyone on here (worth acknowledging) coming to that conclusion.

There was a newspaper story about Newcastle being interested in a Spanish left back player during the last transfer window (it may even be in this thread). I guess it could well have been true.

If it's José Ángel, he's very promising but dunno if it's too early for him to move abroad. Hasn't had a full season as first choice yet.

Yes it was. Found it: -

http://uk.yahoo.eurosport.com/football/chat.shtml?chatid=7c24b3b76e

This from Spanish pundit Guillem Balague: "Newcastle were thinking of signing Jose Angel from Sporting Gijon - a left-back who is only 21 and would be backup for Jose Enrique. He`d be a great backup as well."

Never heard of him.

Sure, if not too expensive that is.

If a good player like Enrique wants to play for a CL team then I wouldn't begrudge them at all. As long as they go about things in the right way and formally ask for a transfer, wait for permission to speak to other clubs and then make the move.

He deserves to be playing at the highest level and if he doesn't want to stay then I've honestly not got a problem with that. I don't like it but I understand it. It's the nature of the beast.

Guest toonlass

I'm resigned to him going in the summer tbh. Don't want it to happen but as soon as the "he'll sign when we're safe" stuff started coming out it made me realise he's going to be away. Am also worried about the lack of Barton's contract extension too. It was reported as being just about sealed, and then Carroll was sold.

I have to say, not one person has said that. A mention of Pardew possibly trying to up our eventual price for him, but why not - doesn't mean Enrique didn't initiate the deal, just that Pardew's sensibly been wanting to up our eventual price for him.

I'd love to know what's been going on behind the scenes lately. Ever since Hughton's sacking really, of course.

It's funny how all our good guys become bad just as they leave the club lately, isn't it? Virtually a fully verifiable correlation between decency and contributing to all things wholesome, and leaving in toxic circumstances.

Who's saying Jose's a bad guy?

It's a disappointing quote, and stupidly timed. Do you disagree?

In this thread? No one just yet, but I was making an historical reference, so that doesn't relate. We've got another 4 months or so for this situation to curry following his 'gutting', 'cuntish' and 'disrespectful' comments, though, so it's fair to imagine he might join the list, don't you think?

I choose to blame the Spanish national team manager here rather than Enrique being greedy. He's easily good enough to make the Spain squad (at least get a few caps/runouts here and there), and with Euro 2012 drawing near it's a realistic aim in current form. But the fuckers in Spain seem to be ignoring him because they'd rather field whatever mediocre s*** left back they have pansying around in Spain flip-flopping all over the place at the slightest contact than a hard-as-nails, 6 foot, Maldini-esque beast of a fullback who when he goes forward makes Roberto Carlos look like Ameobi on stilts. It's a comical situation, mediocre nothing players like Arbeloa get into the Spanish side after a few dozen half-decent games because he's part of Rafa Benitez's homebois at Liverpool, yet Enrique tearing up the league for fun every other week doesn't so much as get a sniff. And we're going to lose one of our best players because some f***er in Spain can't be bothered to switch a telly on and watch a Newcastle game.  :angry:

There's definitely been something different in José's body language over the last few weeks, as a few people have mentioned during recent matches. Not too surprised to see that he's apparently feeling unsettled, really, although it's disappointing that he's gone public with it.

Definitely reads as if his head has been turned. I think the Carroll sale might have made some of our lot realise that they aren't going to push on to the next level at NUFC.

I know it’s the nature of this club that it’s stop-start. As soon as we get something going players get sold and then we have to start again.

Nobody will convince me that's not referring to Carroll.

I have to say, not one person has said that. A mention of Pardew possibly trying to up our eventual price for him, but why not - doesn't mean Enrique didn't initiate the deal, just that Pardew's sensibly been wanting to up our eventual price for him.

There are plenty people hinting at it, be it about the Twitter incident or the Carroll sale or him wanting more money or whathaveyou.

When in reality, he simply wants CL football and wants to be at a bigger club. It sucks, but it's truth.

There are plenty people hinting at it, be it about the Twitter incident or the Carroll sale or him wanting more money or whathaveyou.

When in reality, he simply wants CL football and wants to be at a bigger club. It sucks, but it's truth.

A lack of ambition from the club possibly plays a part in him feeling like that though.

Hopefully we will invest well in the summer and Enrique and Barton will sign new deals.

I can hope.