José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

“We haven’t given up on keeping players at the football club – absolutely not,” Pardew said. “We’re going to try and compete to keep Jose but the reality is that it’s going to be difficult. He has one year on his contract by the time the summer comes and in some ways the ball is in Jose’s court, and he has a lot of control over the situation. I look forward to talking to him once we are safe.”

:undecided:

“We haven’t given up on keeping players at the football club – absolutely not,” Pardew said. “We’re going to try and compete to keep Jose but the reality is that it’s going to be difficult. He has one year on his contract by the time the summer comes and in some ways the ball is in Jose’s court, and he has a lot of control over the situation. I look forward to talking to him once we are safe.”

:no:

Player and manager both playing charades in public. I know I've been really negative recently but I actually expect the worst now.

He's off this summer. I expect him to leave in the summer for about £10m. (I'll be delighted if he stays though because he could become the best LB in the league quite easily) 

Pardew's a real natural at setting up / explaining away a major disappointment for the fans, was probs on his CV under 'Key Skills'.

It was second only to being able to play a good hand at Blackjack.

He should have just said..

"Hey, everyone! Enrique's in the shop window, get your summer bids ready!"

Two for one deal. Buy Enrique and get Tiote free. All talent must go.

Pardew's a real natural at setting up / explaining away a major disappointment for the fans, was probs on his CV under 'Key Skills'.

It reminds me of all the emotional preparation my parents did every time one of my pets died ("We left the cage open and your parakeet ran off, but we'll find him")

I know the idea's been expressed a million times but the similarity between these 2 statements concerns me a lot:

We’re going to try and compete to keep Jose but the reality is that it’s going to be difficult.

I am hoping there are no bids (for Tiote) - otherwise we will have a problem.

Although there's something to be said for the fact that I'm now far more bothered about keeping Enrique/Tiote/Barton than us spending £20m+ this summer, so who knows how much of it's politics / management of expectations in terms of summer spending.  You can never tell with this lot.

They'll probably sell all of them (but not before the little cunts whack transfer requests in), spend about 20 quid and bid £5m for Nicky Butt 10 minutes before the transfer deadline.

I know the idea's been expressed a million times but the similarity between these 2 statements concerns me:

We’re going to try and compete to keep Jose but the reality is that it’s going to be difficult.

Although there's something to be said for the fact that I'm now far more bothered about keeping Enrique/Tiote/Barton than us spending £20m+ this summer, so who knows how much of it's politics / management of expectations in terms of summer spending.  You can never tell with this lot.

To be fair, even if he said outright that they weren't for sale we now know it's meaningless.

I know the idea's been expressed a million times but the similarity between these 2 statements concerns me:

To be fair, even if he said outright that they weren't for sale we now know it's meaningless.

Yeah, true.  Wish the daft prick would just shut the fuck up tbh.

Yeah, true.  Wish the daft prick would just shut the f*** up tbh.

many on here seem to want the truthtold at all times. reality is they want the truth when it's "happytruth" but want to shut it out when it's "sadtruth"

I'm going to blindly cling to the belief that most of the fans appreciate that in the modern game, if a player is playing at a level above the club he is currently at plays, he will move. Until agents are banned from the game (which will, of course, never happen) this will always happen.

All that the club he plays at can do is manipulate events to (a) maximise sale price, and (b) try not to piss the fans off.

Yeah, true.  Wish the daft prick would just shut the f*** up tbh.

many on here seem to want the truthtold at all times. reality is they want the truth when it's "happytruth" but want to shut it out when it's "sadtruth"

"Andy Carroll is not for sale at any price" was happylie.  As I say, I wish he'd just shut the fuck up.

Said it before and I'll say it again but it will be a huge surprise if we have either Enrique or Tiote for next season. The sad fact is they are simply too good for the club at the moment and we have an owner who wants to claw back some of his money.

Both are very good players but after Carroll leaving, I'm all very meh about players going. For bette or worse, the club will move on long after the current crop have moved on.

Guest Nikos34

Unless we throw the big bucks at our class players (which we won't) then they'll be off elsewhere for them. If our own Geordie number 9 leaves when he has 5 years left on his contract, then Jose is as good as gone.  :weep:

Can we blame him when our club has no ambition anymore?  :rant:

It has got fuck all to do do with club ambition when you have a world class player on your hands.

If you have a player better than many left backs in the Champions League, then they are not going to commit to a club like Newcastle because they believe they might get there in 10 years time. The only reason they MIGHT do that is through a sense of club loyalty, or if they are promised they will be allowed to leave if a proper bigger club comes in for them (i.e. not Villa or Liverpool)

Said it before and I'll say it again but it will be a huge surprise if we have either Enrique or Tiote for next season. The sad fact is they are simply too good for the club at the moment and we have an owner who wants to claw back some of his money.

Both are very good players but after Carroll leaving, I'm all very meh about players going. For bette or worse, the club will move on long after the current crop have moved on.

If we lose Tiote I honestly think it will knock us back by a good few places in the league. After being served up with the dross of Smith and Butt in that position, it really makes you realise how good Tiote is at what he does.