José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

We won't even get half of what we got for Carroll and yet he's a better player in his respective position.

Strikers will always cost more than full-backs.

One year left under contract too.

Personally, I'd rather have him here another year than the ~10 mil we'd get from selling him.

We won't even get half of what we got for Carroll and yet he's a better player in his respective position.

Strikers will always cost more than full-backs.

One year left under contract too.

Personally, I'd rather have him here another year than the ~10 mil we'd get from selling him.

If we sold him for less than 15 it would be pretty sickening.

Earlier in the season, he was talking about making sure we stayed up and then pushing on next year.  Maybe the players are beginning to realise that the owner has no real intentions of pushing on and if they want to win things and play in Europe, then they will have to move to achieve that.  Everytime, they start to look upwards, the club makes a decision that causes a setback.  If we can't hold onto the local lad who has always dreamed of playing for the club, we have no chance wilth players like Enrique.

This post sums it all up for me.

Reckon Enrique is putting pressure on the board to go out and buy players in the summer. This seems to be something the players have discussed internally what with Barton's comments also striking a chord. but also, specifically through the Villa reference, these comments if true are to help him gain a good contract. atm comments like these are leverage to be used in negotiations.

however knowing our board it probably won't work in Enrique's favour, if anything they'll be pissed off with him and may start briefing against him in the press, sullying his name for an eventual sale and testing the market for his worth.

I wonder if Pardew's confirmation of his contract situation the other day have had any bearing on this btw.

What I didn't get with that was his assertion that it woud be good for Enrique and the club to wait til summer.

I can get the Enrique part... but the club? ???

/actually thinking about it, it may have just been to take some heat out of any criticism of Jose's decision? Fair play if that was the case, just seemed odd at the time.

Reckon Enrique is putting pressure on the board to go out and buy players in the summer. This seems to be something the players have discussed internally what with Barton's comments also striking a chord. but also, specifically through the Villa reference, these comments if true are to help him gain a good contract. atm comments like these are leverage to be used in negotiations.

however knowing our board it probably won't work in Enrique's favour, if anything they'll be pissed off with him and may start briefing against him in the press, sullying his name for an eventual sale and testing the market for his worth.

I wondered about that. But... well.. we'll have to see. I fear you've correctly predicted the outcome of that initiative.

If they were designed at least partly with a view to staying here, I think it was a misjudgement to make the comments quite so raw, though.

I wonder if Pardew's confirmation of his contract situation the other day have had any bearing on this btw.

What I didn't get with that was his assertion that it woud be good for Enrique and the club to wait til summer.

/actually thinking about it, it may have just been to take some heat out of any criticism of Jose's decision? Fair play if that was the case, just seemed odd at the time.

Maybe, but hypothetically it would also it would be a big contract to support in the Second Division. Sign him up and risk getting lumbered, would be the idea.

Maybe, but hypothetically it would also it would be a big contract to support in the Second Division. Sign him up and risk getting lumbered, would be the idea.

Whey, yes, that would be another way of looking at it. :lol:

Get to bed man :lol:

On the same train of thought, with a slightly more positive spin, it would maybe in Pardews eyes give us more leeway with Ashley to offer him a far bigger contract once we're safe than we can at the moment - so we could hold onto him.

G'night! O0

On the same train of thought, with a slightly more positive spin, it would maybe in Pardews eyes give us more leeway with Ashley to offer him a far bigger contract once we're safe than we can at the moment - so we could hold onto him.

G'night! O0

You never know... according to Johnny.

I would never hold it against a player who wants to move on when he puts in as much honest effort as Enrique. He works hard and puts in great performances every time he walks out there; what more can we ask of him. He'll always be one of my favorite players, even if we have to sell him in the summer.