José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

As great a player as he is, I haven't had any time for him since he left.

Comments like that above make him look like a complete c*** - especially given both club's current situations. It's only the Carling Cup ffs, he even says himself it's their first final in 5/6 years.

As great a player as he is, I haven't had any time for him since he left.

Comments like that above make him look like a complete c*** - especially given both club's current situations. It's only the Carling Cup ffs, he even says himself it's their first final in 5/6 years.

Exactly this. He always seems to try and put a snide little dig towards us in every interview I've read. Get the fuck outta here with that.

Behaved like a complete t*** during the last months of his time here, whatever was going on, but gave us a few "love the fans" type platitudes.

Miss his marauding wing play and strength, don't miss his misplaced passes to opposition players around our penalty area.

Really? Any incidents to back this up?

Nah not really, apart from some disinterested looking appearances towards the end and of course the "lies" about waiting until he knew if we were staying up etc. He was always going and treat us (fans) like mugs by stringing it along.

TBH I don't even know what I'm doing in this thread,  players move on, he chose to play for Liverpool, he no longer plays for Newcastle. No big deal really.

It doesn't look like we'll really miss him with the way Davide Santon made his run in the Scums match. In hindsight it really looks like Jose was only looking for an exit... unfortunately.

Santon still hasn't made any retarded dribbles in or around our penalty area so I think this might be a good trade-off :p

Guest Roger Kint

It doesn't look like we'll really miss him with the way Davide Santon made his run in the Scums match. In hindsight it really looks like Jose was only looking for an exit... unfortunately.

Santon still hasn't made any retarded dribbles in or around our penalty area so I think this might be a good trade-off :p

Early days for Santon but he isnt at Enriques level defensively at all.

"The return match against City won't be easy, even though we have a one-goal advantage. We will have to prepare mentally as if we hadn't won the first leg and look for the victory."

"If we play in a conservative manner, City's attacking power could see us defeated. The match is very important for the club and for me."

"The club hasn't played in a final for some time (since 2006) and now we are 90 minutes away from a date at Wembley. We can't lose this opportunity we have been given."

"I left Newcastle in the summer in order to experience these sensations - to be in finals and fight for titles. That's why I am satisfied, up until now, with the step I took."

The "up until now" is an interesting qualifier in that quote. Seems to me he's probably as pissed off as hell that we are neck and neck with them in the league and all he's got to hang his hat on is the poxy Carling cup and a manager with a face like a smacked arse.

He's a totally different player he is more of an Alves type fullback while Enrique was more of a Sagna type fullback.......

We shouldnt expect him to replace what Enrique did for us because he has different strengths and weaknesses.What we should do is get a fullback that does do what Enrique did for us.

So for the first time in god knows how long we would have a defensive fullback and a attacking one.

Seriously when was the last time that happened?

Guest Roger Kint

He's a totally different player he is more of an Alves type fullback while Enrique was more of a Sagna type fullback.......

Nobody said they were similar tbf. Just querying the defending comparison he made.

"The return match against City won't be easy, even though we have a one-goal advantage. We will have to prepare mentally as if we hadn't won the first leg and look for the victory."

"If we play in a conservative manner, City's attacking power could see us defeated. The match is very important for the club and for me."

"The club hasn't played in a final for some time (since 2006) and now we are 90 minutes away from a date at Wembley. We can't lose this opportunity we have been given."

"I left Newcastle in the summer in order to experience these sensations - to be in finals and fight for titles. That's why I am satisfied, up until now, with the step I took."

Cardiff City are in the cup final too, maybe you should have gone there.

Really hope Man City absolutely hammer them tonight like.

Jose's comments there are a bit cunt-ish. Having said that, he's really not the sharpest tool in the box so he probably doesn't think before he says something.

Nobody said they were similar tbf. Just querying the defending comparison he made.

Very true, sometimes i get carried away and like to make a point  :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Very true, sometimes i get carried away and like to make a point  :lol:

Wish we had an Alves on the other side mind.

Yeah, as I previously stated. But I think the prospect of him becoming better at defensive setups, he'll do the job far better than Jose as he doesn't seem to dribble within our own penalty area :)

• 2 months later...
'The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy (Carroll), nobby (Kevin Nolan) etc etc.

'This club will never again fight to be among the top 6 again with this policy.'

:troll:

'The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy (Carroll), nobby (Kevin Nolan) etc etc.

'This club will never again fight to be among the top 6 again with this policy.'

:lol:

:lol:

If he wants to move to a progressive club I would take him back :troll: