Steve McClaren

Dave

That's more interesting than the appointment as manager. Finally a real football person on the board...

Three really. Can only be good.

Moncur is a flannel who has always sided with Ashley - pretty disappointed with that bit tbh.

So if we are performing poorly under McClaren what happens at board level?

"So we need to sack the manager, close your ears Steve you might not like this...."

:lol: Aye, that's a strange one...

Guest Howaythetoon

I like the bloke and rate him higher than say Moyes for example, but his appointment does nothing to solve the fundamental problems at the club. Sure performances will improve and so will results, but only marginally. McClaren is a likeable face of NUFC and that is it which is what I think Ashley wants more than most. He will ensure survival, probably mid-table finishes and the odd cup run, but that's about it. Basically a black and white version of Boro under McClaren minus Euro success and a trophy because we don't do them.

I'm not supporting this NUFC because its still not my NUFC. Its Ashley out all the way for me, regardless of who he appoints, signs and how well we do. The last 8 years have been awful, like being constantly ill or in a fucked up relationship. There is nothing he can do to wipe that particular slate clean.

"So we need to sack the manager, close your ears Steve you might not like this...."

We don't sack managers though.

We don't sack managers though.

Guess that's the point. Unsackable.

It is certainly a unique approach. Mcclaren and carr are mates aren't they? so hopefully they will work well together, in terms of Carr scouting the right players for positions that we actually need for a change.

It is certainly a unique approach. Mcclaren and carr are mates aren't they? so hopefully they will work well together, in terms of Carr scouting the right players for positions that we actually need for a change.

That makes way too much sense.