Steve McClaren

Dave

That's the depressing part. If for any reason this falls through, the job is Carver's.

I'd like to see the attendance first game of the season if he does get it!probly be better off in terms of getting Ashley out, too many sheep have already accepted a sacked championship manager as a good appointment

The important thing is, unless there's a massive sudden difference in recruitment/cup policy (lerl...) that the Ashley out pressure remains and increases, regardless of how well or badly we're performing.

Even if McClaren does end up being terrible, if he isn't backed properly, there's no point focusing the venom on him.

As long as he does the best with what he has to work with I for one won't aim any venom at him.  It'll all go where it belongs, the fat bastard at the top.  But if he's another Pardew he'll get his fair share.

As long as he does the best with what he has to work with I for one won't aim any venom at him.  It'll all go where it belongs, the fat bastard at the top.  But if he's another Pardew he'll get his fair share.

:thup:

:thup:

:thup: :thup:

Chronicle mentioned McClaren bringing in a local coach I wonder if that's where the Lee Clark link came from.

Hope we stay clear of old boys personally.

Couldn't it be Eric Steele? Considering Woodman is apparently leaving for Palace.

Chronicle mentioned McClaren bringing in a local coach I wonder if that's where the Lee Clark link came from.

Hope we stay clear of old boys personally.

Couldn't it be Eric Steele? Considering Woodman is apparently leaving for Palace.

I hope so, that would be an upgrade.

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldn't mind Clark personally

Can imagine Clark being a good coach. Won't happen though.

Cronky? Care to add to this baseless nonsense? :lol:

What I hate about this - is that, if you asked a Chairman/Owner of say.....some bog standard Championship Club and said - hey, if Frank De Boer was interested in the job at your club, and you had the money to pay him a salary, would you do it? 99.9% of them would say Yes, instantly.

At Newcastle United, we have seemingly Frank De Boer, Laudrup, Garde, etc. INTERESTED in this job, but our Chairman and Owner think that hiring a status quo manager makes fucking sense.

Ridiculous.

No evidence at all to suggest a failed manager would magically make a good coach.

I think we need either coaches who have a proven track record of improving players or young coaches who have fresh new ideas

No evidence at all to suggest a failed manager would magically make a good coach.

I think we need either coaches who have a proven track record of improving players or young coaches who have fresh new ideas

Could hardly call Clark failed. Did well for Huddersfield and managed to keep a shite Birmingham up.

Actually, your right he is shite. Who am I kidding?

Quite like the bloke though.

Guest firetotheworks

Could hardly call Clark failed. Did well for Huddersfield and managed to keep a shite Birmingham up.

Him being a fairly well liked local lad is all that he has going for him. The Huddersfield fans hated him by the end as well, regardless of them being unbeaten.

Him being a fairly well liked local lad is all that he has going for him. The Huddersfield fans hated him by the end as well, regardless of them being unbeaten.

Why's that then? Bland football?

How can they HATE a manager who keeps the unbeaten?

Fair enough wanting more but HATE.

Could hardly call Clark failed. Did well for Huddersfield and managed to keep a s**** Birmingham up.

Actually, your right he is s****. Who am I kidding?

Why's that then? Bland football?

How can they HATE a manager who keeps the unbeaten?

Fair enough wanting more but HATE.

He had a huge budget in the league I believe and despite being unbeaten it was a lot of draws and never got them promoted.  Spent more than most Championship clubs.