Steve McClaren

Dave

Guest reefatoon

He offers nothing and is a waste of a shirt if we have to play other players around him to do all the work. It's not as if any of his passes are incisive, they are all "get shot to the nearest person as quick as possible" and that doesn't work with 2 in the middle.  Needs to offer so much more and he doesn't. Needs replaced with better.

Arguably most of our squad need 'replaced with better' but under the right coaching set up, I see a hell of a lot more potential improvement in Anita than the likes of Williamson, Gouffran, Riviere etc

He is already an improvement on those three knackers you mentioned, he isn't as bad as them, just a nothing player, someone you forget is even playing.

He offers nothing and is a waste of a shirt if we have to play other players around him to do all the work. It's not as if any of his passes are incisive, they are all "get shot to the nearest person as quick as possible" and that doesn't work with 2 in the middle.  Needs to offer so much more and he doesn't. Needs replaced with better.

Arguably most of our squad need 'replaced with better' but under the right coaching set up, I see a hell of a lot more potential improvement in Anita than the likes of Williamson, Gouffran, Riviere etc

He is already an improvement on those three knackers you mentioned, he isn't as bad as them, just a nothing player, someone you forget is even playing.

So you forgot he was playing so much, that you exclusively complain about his non-existent performance. And can talk about everything you didn't see, nice one.

Guest reefatoon

So you forgot he was playing so much, that you exclusively complain about his non-existent performance. And can talk about everything you didn't see, nice one.

This makes absolutely no sense, poor effort. Your midfield should be able to influence a game. He doesn't, you could go by huge chunks of the game and not even know he is on the pitch, which is right to complain about.

Guest reefatoon

"Nothing player" is pointlessly harsh like.

I am not sure if it is though. He doesn't seem to excel in anything, but seems to avoid the same hatred Colback gets for doing the exact same thing. Just find it a bit baffling. Some players seem to get built right up without actually producing anything. Marveaux is another example of that. Anyway. I'll take it into his thread instead of clogging up this one.

Actually point made by his thread being way back on the third page. Nothing player I tells ya!

He shouldn't be making the decisive passes, his role/style is playing the safe, "easy" passes, and he's able to do that quickly. Fundamental when playing a possession game and when you want to control the tempo of a game.

This makes absolutely no sense, poor effort. Your midfield should be able to influence a game. He doesn't, you could go by huge chunks of the game and not even know he is on the pitch, which is right to complain about.

He was very influential vs West Ham as I recall, harrying, pressing and intercepting on the front foot (sorry [emoji38]) instead of constantly being pressed back by the other teams midfield and having no options to pass to.

To me he needs playing further forward but I'm not sure how that could be accommodated having just bought Wijnaldum and already having De Jong etc

Personally think Anita is a bit of a nothing player. Think he switches off too often, both on and off the ball. His first touch isn't great and his passing is average. Just a bang average footballer, with the added disadvantage of being tiny in a Premier League midfield.

He's roughly the same size as Colback if that picture of them both standing next to Lascelles is anything to go by. I prefer more physical midfielders myself butof the two of them, at least he has the attributes to play the defensive mid role as he is a bit quicker so mistimes less tackles.

Colback's criticism is harsh but that's mainly because he's a little shitbag. I agree though, I don't think Anita has shown enough to suggest he should be 1 of our 2 main central midfielders this year, I think we need to buy someone else (we'll obviously not like). I just want to see him in a team that at least has some kind of plan, if he tuns out to be shit then so be it but he's shown himself to be incredibly comfortable on the ball in the past and, unlike Colback, he's willing take risks.

Anyway, at worst he's probably the best cover we have at either fullback position.

Guest reefatoon

He shouldn't be making the decisive passes, his role/style is playing the safe, "easy" passes, and he's able to do that quickly. Fundamental when playing a possession game and when you want to control the tempo of a game.

Which all sounds great, but when he is 1 of 2 players in there, he needs to do more than "simple passes" If he can't then he is a liability and we need something more. I think Abeid offered so much more in that position, because he has more to his game than just being able to do "simple passes".  The other worry with Anita is when we don't have the ball, we look wide open.

"Nothing player" is pointlessly harsh like.

I am not sure if it is though. He doesn't seem to excel in anything, but seems to avoid the same hatred Colback gets for doing the exact same thing. Just find it a bit baffling. Some players seem to get built right up without actually producing anything. Marveaux is another example of that. Anyway. I'll take it into his thread instead of clogging up this one.

Actually point made by his thread being way back on the third page. Nothing player I tells ya!

:thup: The 'with the right coaching' argument is frequently used to defend mediocrity, despite the players in question never displaying their apparent potential. But, Ajax.

Anita needs to be playing when the the system has 3 in midfield like, I'd never have him in a version of 4-4-2.  Anyone who would needs their head read.

He's a player who could be very, very useful in the right system but if we're not going to play such a system it's pointless persevering with him tbh.

Colback shouldn't be starting in either system.

Guest reefatoon

Anita needs to be playing when the the system has 3 in midfield like, I'd never have him in a version of 4-4-2.  Anyone who would needs their head read.

He's a player who could be very, very useful in the right system but if we're not going to play such a system it's pointless persevering with him tbh.

Colback shouldn't be starting in either system.

Pretty much agree here.

I'd argue he could quite possibly have a greater effect on influencing games if he's coached by competent people and in a system that is trying to play football.

Guest reefatoon

Well if that is the case, I will look forward to him being brilliant. Unless these set of coaches end up rubbish too.

Well if that is the case, I will look forward to him being brilliant. Unless these set of coaches end up rubbish too.

I didn't say brilliant, I said influential in the right system. My point is, I'm not writing him off as you seem to be.

Guest reefatoon

I didn't say brilliant, I said influential in the right system. My point is, I'm not writing him off as you seem to be.

That's fair enough mate, each to their own.

I think 'effective in the right system' is as good as anyone can hope for from Big Vurn at this point like :lol:

I think 'effective in the right system' is as good as anyone can hope for from Big Vurn at this point like :lol:

I said influential, are my posts coming out in fucking Hebrew or something? :lol:

Guest reefatoon

אמרתי משפיע , הם ההודעות שלי יוצאותבF *** ing עברית או משהו ? :lol:

Wha?

Wha?

:lol:

sorry kazuki, not sure what i did there

Wha?

:lol: :lol: :thup:

Wha?

:lol:

sorry kazuki, not sure what i did there

It essentially means pretty much the same like, but still :lol:

He's been absolutely piss poor in games and very good in others, it's not like he's turned up and shown absolutely nothing of value ala Riviere.

At the end of the day I don't know why anyone would be strongly against the lad when he's never, by anyone's standards, been given a fair chance. That's the long and short of it for me.