Steve McClaren

Dave

Board Meeting at NUFC

LC: we need to look at possible new managers.

BM: I agree

LC: although Steve has been tremendous

LC: but it's my neck on the line too

LC: So he has to go

LC: Doesn't he? Or not? Erm...Graeme, do you have any recommendations?

GC: How about we stick with Steve?

BM:I agree

LC: That is definitely an option. Any other suggestions though?

GC: There are other managers out of work, what about Joe Kinnear, Lawrie Sanchez, David O'Leary, Paul Ince?

LC: OK, definitely on the radar. The press and public seem to mention names like Rodgers, Moyes and Benitez. What about them?

GM: Ooooooh, I wouldn't go for them.

LC: Why not?

GM: I don't have their phone numbers

LC: F*ck! know anyone who does?

SM: I do

Craig Hope: "I understand NUFC hierarchy are now preparing to speak to Steve McClaren for the first time since the weekend."

Oh great. Lets prepare to talk to him.

Best get our preparation right.

Craig Hope: "I understand NUFC hierarchy are now preparing to speak to Steve McClaren for the first time since the weekend."

Oh great. Lets prepare to talk to him.

Best get our preparation right.

Assuming this means they are drawing straws.

Can only think that they're 'preparing' paperwork to bin him now. He's definitely gone like. There wouldn't be a reason to postpone the press conference if they are sticking with him for a few days before eventually sacking him. Don't know how McClown can still be around people who he knows are going to fire hi. He should just walk up to them and ask to get fired!

I wanted to like him becase unlike Pardew and Carver he doesn't seem a total prick. Unfortunately it just hasn't worked. The game has passed him by it seems. He's far too afraid to make big changes and has only tried 2 systems all season. Why the hell have we never played a 433? It's been our best source of points in recent years and he hasn't used it once.

I don't dislike him particularly, just lost all respect for him - what little I had - and no surprise that not many of the players seem to respect him either.

Don't know how McClown can still be around people who he knows are going to fire hi. He should just walk up to them and ask to get fired!

Charnley would probably say "Steve, #wait"

I wanted to like him becase unlike Pardew and Carver he doesn't seem a total prick. Unfortunately it just hasn't worked. The game has passed him by it seems. He's far too afraid to make big changes and has only tried 2 systems all season. Why the hell have we never played a 433? It's been our best source of points in recent years and he hasn't used it once.

I don't dislike him particularly, just lost all respect for him - what little I had - and no surprise that not many of the players seem to respect him either.

And ironically we'd all lose some amount of respect for Benitez if he gets the job, because he took the job in the first place.

And ironically we'd all lose some amount of respect for Benitez if he gets the job, because he took the job in the first place.

Benitez won't take the job unless he can have a decent say in what goes on. So unlikely he'll come here unless Fat Mike has totally capitulated on his shitty business model.

Or if its purely a 10 game deal to keep us up, with a huge payday for him.

Yeah that's what I thought we might go for. Well worth a shot, and it would allow Rafa to walk away if we get relegated and then we could install some championship cunt like Pearson.

I swear to god you could fill our boardroom with spider monkeys and get better outcomes than this lot.

Spider monkeys?! You could run the club better with a fucking magic 8 ball making all the decisions

if true, 10 games for Rafa to fall for us the wonderful fanbase and the magic of SJP then ;)

http://e1.365dm.com/16/03/16-9/20/steve-mcclaren-newcastle-fans-angry_3427289.jpg?20160306173701