Steve McClaren

Dave

He wouldn't be my first choice, and he's somewhat uninspiring, but i'm going to get behind him, I just can't be fucked to feel apathetic and awful about the club any more, atleast with a new manager it something new, even if it lasts 5 months.

Another business decision so we can ensure mid-table mediocrity.

This, another season of scrapping for safety, but hey we will be taking the cups seriously now.

The best thing I can say about him is that he has a history of resigning instead of hanging around for money. Can only hope he'll do one in October like he did at Forest after utterly stinking the place up for three months.

He wouldn't be my first choice, and he's somewhat uninspiring, but i'm going to get behind him, I just can't be f***ed to feel apathetic and awful about the club any more, atleast with a new manager it something new, even if it lasts 5 months.

You can't be arsed to be apathetic? But you can be arsed to get behind him ? :lol:

I really don't get our policy of hiring shit English plodders as managers/head coaches/whatever

At least, like Hughton, he's a good bloke. The subs that he made in the playoffs alone makes me seriously worry about his tactics though

This appointment needs to be met with the same level of outrage if Carver got it. I feel for Steve as he is a nice guy, but making him our manager is a terrible statement about who we are, where we are and where we want to be.

We should be demanding better than this. We should always reach for the stars, not reach beneath us.

He wouldn't be my first choice, and he's somewhat uninspiring, but i'm going to get behind him, I just can't be f***ed to feel apathetic and awful about the club any more, atleast with a new manager it something new, even if it lasts 5 months.

You can't be arsed to be apathetic? But you can be arsed to get behind him ? :lol:

I don't know, it sounded correct in my head :lol: I've had 5 exams in two days i'm knackered.

It's a shit appointment, we needed someone that would make changes, no someone to work alongside our grunt poundland coaching staff. With the likes of Carver, and Stone, and our shitty physio's, a manager would have to be a miracle worker. This cunt is not one.

Guest dazzanufc1892

i feel nothing but complete apathy towards not only this decision, but everything to do with this club. I swore when we went down i would not return until ashley left and ive not been back, nor bought a shirt because quite simply, whats the point?

As some of you may or may not know, i get the opportunity to attend Mufc on a regular basis and now, i actually feel more of an affinity towards them as a club, than i do our lot. I actually care and engage when something happens.

but NUFC? its just like a dull ache, a distant memory of what it meant to support this club. Moments that will live with us forever are no longer here. The night Bellamy scored a last minute winner in Europe, battering Juventus round St James', those memories we have are not going to be recreated, no matter how much we want them to under this regime. Ashley only stepped out in front of the cameras for the first time because his precious 'sports brand' is being tarnished.

Many have accepted his words and seem to have made peace with the thought h is staying. I wish i could say i cared, but honestly, i dont. This is just another example of the club accepting mediocrity. Quite frankly and honestly, this club is a hollow shell of what it actually is, and im of the opinion that even if he goes, it will take many years to return to the true NUFC, the one where fans arent turning on each other, where the ground doesnt look like a tacky, undignified mass of metal with blue and red plastic attached.

to me now, im just numb to anything NUFC

Mike Ashley fired Sam Allardyce so he couldn't appoint him to ensure NUFC don't get relegated. Tony Pulis has a job at West Brom. I suppose Steve McLaren fits the employment criteria - English manager who probably won't get NUFC relegated from the Premier League. Don't forget that apparently Alan Pardew was never in any danger of getting sacked.

Meh. Utterly predictable.

Good luck Steve. You'll need it come September and you realise you've been fucked over :thup:

He knows fine well what he's getting into, it's why he'd have rather stayed at Derby until the sacked him.

Since we've seen so many Derby opinions, here are some Forest ones: http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43520

:razz:

TBH, I would say they are 50/50 aswell. Some are saying they spotted he was s**** straight away, some say he should have stayed on because he was the best manager they have recently had.

Either way, I don't particularly want him. I would have been contempt had he replaced Pardew immediately in December, however after rejecting us twice it's all abit meh.

I just want this football team to bring us some joy again.

Meh. Utterly predictable.

Good luck Steve. You'll need it come September and you realise you've been fucked over :thup:

He knows full well what he's signing up for, just like his predecessor did.

I'm willing to give him a chance, and whilst he likely won't tear up any trees I'm confident he won't set the team up to pump the ball up field at every opportunity. At this point in time I just want to see us occasionally play something that resembles half decent football.

It may be a "beaten down" attitude, and obviously I want more, but we are where we are at the moment, and McClaren is a half decent manager.