Steve McClaren

Dave

Meh. Utterly predictable.

Good luck Steve. You'll need it come September and you realise you've been f***ed over :thup:

He knows full well what he's signing up for, just like his predecessor did.

All the more reason to not buy into his inevitable shit

If he's given the job I'll reserve judgement on him. He's a mediocre manager who happens to be of better pedigree than the last 5 we've appointed.

You'll do the usual Ronaldo cycle, i.e. I'm not impressed but it's not as bad as you plebs are making out - it's actually great having a proper manager, unlike the last one that you all loved - he's a god amongst men and far more handsome than I ever realised actually, can't believe you lot thought the last guy would be better - OK it's gone a bit shit but he's not half as shit as your hero Coloccini - Right, I'm turning up outside his house to have a word unlike you cowards.

If he's given the job I'll reserve judgement on him. He's a mediocre manager who happens to be of better pedigree than the last 5 we've appointed.

You'll do the usual Ronaldo cycle, i.e. I'm not impressed but it's not as bad as you plebs are making out - it's actually great having a proper manager, unlike the last one - he's a god amongst men and far more handsome than I ever realised actually, can't believe you lot thought Carver would be better - OK it's gone a bit s*** but he's not half as s*** as your hero Coloccini - Right, I'm turning up outside his house to have a word.

:lol:

You'll do the usual Ronaldo cycle, i.e. I'm not impressed but it's not as bad as you plebs are making out - it's actually great having a proper manager, unlike the last one - he's a god amongst men and far more handsome than I ever realised actually, can't believe you lot thought Carver would be better - OK it's gone a bit s*** but he's not half as s*** as your hero Coloccini - Right, I'm turning up outside his house to have a word.

:lol: nailed it

:lol: nailed it

:spit:

I look forward who working with John and Stoney who did a good job in difficult circumstances to keep the club up last season

:lol: Fucking wow.

That's not real.

:lol: Oh thank Christ.

I look forward who working with John and Stoney who did a good job in difficult circumstances to keep the club up last season

:lol: f***ing wow.

That's not real.

:lol: Oh thank Christ.

It will be next week, there's no way they will be going.

I like McClaren, tbh. I think he will do fairly well here if given good players and/or the finances to pursue talent. Also, a much better face for the club than the Pardew character.There are obviously still persistent  and deep issues with the way NUFC is operated, but the manager's seat will have it's best occupant since September 2008, imo.

I like McClaren, tbh. I think he will do fairly well here if given good players and/or the finances to pursue talent. Also, a much better face for the club than the Pardew character.There are obviously still persistent  and deep issues with the way NUFC is operated, but the manager's seat will have it's best occupant since September 2008, imo.

Agreed.

I know it doesn't matter, but what kinds of players does McClaren generally sign?

Dunno.

I know he said this in 2013 though.

In England, the manager is in charge of roughly everything in terms of what he wants to do and who he wants to sign. In Holland, I was the trainer and the technical director so I had that responsibility as well. But in Germany I had that general manager in the middle and I'm afraid I didn't adapt to that very well. In the end, that was my downfall.

:thup:

He signed some good players for Boro - Viduka, Hasslebaink, Mendieta, Yakubu, Zenden. I think Juninho, too.

A little encouraging going through his stats. His losing ratio isn't that bad especially compared to Pardew who lost more games than he won. If you're not going to win, at least draw.

Also responsible for Downing, Cattermole and James Morrison's debuts, so he can develop youth. I'm trying to be optimistic. Hopefully it doesn't all go wrong.

Delaying his appointment until after season ticket renewal deadline, class :lol: wonder how many signed up when they announced the extension because they thought it was Vieira

He signed some good players for Boro - Viduka, Hasslebaink, Mendieta, Yakubu, Zenden. I think Juninho, too.

A little encouraging going through his stats. His losing ratio isn't that bad especially compared to Pardew who lost more games than he won. If you're not going to win, at least draw.

Also responsible for Downing, Cattermole and James Morrison's debuts, so he can develop youth. I'm trying to be optimistic. Hopefully it doesn't all go wrong.

They're both... shit?