Steve McClaren

Dave

If he's given the job I'll reserve judgement on him. He's a mediocre manager who happens to be of better pedigree than the last 5 we've appointed.

This.

I've got a feeling we all know how it's going to turn out but I want it to work.

:thup:

Absolutely chronic.

was just talking to my dad who sort of skirts the paper talk and he's telling me that we were supposed to be getting some young italian lad who'd coached under some quality coaches, was almost done etc.

turns out he meant paul clement

"nah dad, he's gone to derby on a 3 year deal, we're getting mclaren who derby sacked"  :anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish:

Think I'm more annoyed at the thought of Carver and Co still being here.

As I said earlier in the week, I'd be much more upbeat at the thought of us at least getting a whole new set of coaching staff. But that would cost money, and apparently we don't have any.

One thing McClaren won't have is any excuses. If we're doing s**** in October and he's moaning about the squad depth or whatever, he knew exactly what he was coming in to.

Personally think he'll do okay. I reckon position wise we'll flit between 8th and 13th like we have done on the whole for the last 10 years or so, but we'll actually have our own style of football (good or bad), rather than playing to the other team's tactics. It's as good as we're ever going to get under Ashley. He had a last chance in my eyes to go out get an ambitious manager with some support, but nah.

Before people start I'm not saying us being mid-table like that is "ok". I'm saying McClaren is doing an "ok" job, if that's where we are and with a decent style of football given what he's likely to be working with.

If he's given the job I'll reserve judgement on him. He's a mediocre manager who happens to be of better pedigree than the last 5 we've appointed.

This.

I've got a feeling we all know how it's going to turn out but I want it to work.

think this is about right, it's not the first time in football history the fans haven't got what they wanted...there's a chance he might not be horrendous

Think I'm more annoyed at the thought of Carver and Co still being here.

As I said earlier in the week, I'd be much more upbeat at the thought of us at least getting a whole new set of coaching staff. But that would cost money, and apparently we don't have any.

Urgh, I really do think this is the worst case scenario. I doubt I can even get much enjoyment from hating McClaren tbh, he's nowhere near the arsehole Pardew is, or anywhere near as comically incompetent as Carver. I'm just likely going to be bored fucking silly.

Urgh, I really do think this is the worst case scenario. I doubt I can even get much enjoyment from hating McClaren tbh, he's nowhere near the arsehole Pardew is, or anywhere near as comically incompetent as Carver. I'm just likely going to bored fucking silly.

Just what they want. There is no joy in business except for those making money.

He's a nice enough bloke and I have nothing against him personally, but you just know it's going to be average at best.

Ashley has no intention of winning anything. He just wants to ride the premier league gravy train for as long as he can.  The only way for us now is to not put any money into the club. Try and negate the majority of the TV money through matchday and season ticket sales and he'll soon fuck off. Just need to keep turning the screw.  Especially on that pretender Charnley, as he'll crack first.

His entire ownership has been one long string of errors. Mistake after mistake after mistake. Except, of course, the ongoing benefit to SD.

I'll watch the first few games of the season, if there's a lack of attacking intent I'm through.