The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

We've signed our latest celebrity fan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_7160000/newsid_7169200/7169260.stm?bw=bb&mp=rm&asb=1&news=1&bbcws=1

About 2 min 15 in. Heard him talk about us before.

Warning: post not entirely serious.

That right back you've been feeling up is going to Manure.

Rumour is it isn't Bosingwa, but Nelson Marcos at Benfica.

I don't play FM so have no idea if he is any good.

Strong rumours about us signing Leroy Lita.

I f****** hope not.

Still very young. Has pace and power. Has a good work rate.Scored some goals in the premiership last season. Looked good for the under 21s in Holland and was better than Nugent.

Whats not to like? He is clearly still a bit immature and will make mistakes sometimes but he has good attributes, and with a bit of discipline and working under O'Neill who knows what could happen. Would be well worth it as he won't cost the Earth either.

I think your being harsh on the guy. He's not perfect but is well worth the risk I reckon.

Give your British youth a chance.

Hutton to Spurs apparently. Been mentioned a fair bit on SSN. Would probably take Chimbonda for 3m or so if that happens!

I think BBC Scotland are reporting it. £8m+! Is he that good? Can't say I've ever been impressed with him as a defender altho he's a tidy footballer...exactly what they don't need. ???

They would want more than that for Chimbonda tho. Didn't they allegedly knock back £10m from Chelsea in the summer. :idiot2:

I f****** hope not.

Still very young. Has pace and power. Has a good work rate.Scored some goals in the premiership last season. Looked good for the under 21s in Holland and was better than Nugent.

Whats not to like? He is clearly still a bit immature and will make mistakes sometimes but he has good attributes, and with a bit of discipline and working under O'Neill who knows what could happen. Would be well worth it as he won't cost the Earth either.

I think your being harsh on the guy. He's not perfect but is well worth the risk I reckon.

We need someone to score goals *now* though, we've got enough home grown promise, we need people to deliver now.

He's also got a shite attitude, apparently.

Hutton to Spurs apparently. Been mentioned a fair bit on SSN. Would probably take Chimbonda for 3m or so if that happens!

I think BBC Scotland are reporting it. £8m+! Is he that good? Can't say I've ever been impressed with him as a defender altho he's a tidy footballer...exactly what they don't need. ???

They would want more than that for Chimbonda tho. Didn't they allegedly knock back £10m from Chelsea in the summer. :idiot2:

Hutton has looked good when I've seen him. Not sure about 8m though. Chimbonda, while a vile twat, is a pretty decent defender and versatile as well. Dropped by Ramos in favour of Zokora at right back apparently so doubt they would hold out for such a large fee again.

I f****** hope not.

We need someone to score goals *now* though, we've got enough home grown promise, we need people to deliver now.

He's also got a shite attitude, apparently.

Yeah and he looks a bit of a twat off the pitch too, seen him a club in Reading once or twice acting the big man.

Hutton has looked good when I've seen him. Not sure about 8m though. Chimbonda, while a vile t***, is a pretty decent defender and versatile as well. Dropped by Ramos in favour of Zokora at right back apparently so doubt they would hold out for such a large fee again.

Hutton is good but can fall to pieces sometimes, 8m is probably a fair reflection of his current ability though.

Radio Clyde are saying Hutton has rejected Spurs' offer apparently

by the way, did Martin Jol call this transfer? Not that I remember. :lol:

No he didnt, he's best mates with Hutton and didn't wonna let him down...

Hutton rejects Rangers according to BBC sport now. Radio Clyde exclusive I guess. Comedy that like. First Berb says he wants to move to big club and then a player from the Scottish League rejects them. ''But.. But... But, we don't pay stupid wages'. Never going to leave Arsenals shadow.

Hutton rejects Rangers according to BBC sport now. Radio Clyde exclusive I guess. Comedy that like. First Berb says he wants to move to big club and then a player from the Scottish League rejects them. ''But.. But... But, we don't pay stupid wages'. Never going to leave Arsenals shadow.

Huh?

Huh?

Typo, he's rejected a £8m bid from Spuds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7170640.stm

Huh?

'The 23-year-old had also been linked with a move to Newcastle.'

When?

Huh?

When?

That Chron or Journal article which said we had scouts at Scotland Vs Italy scouting him and Toni.

Huh?

When?

For about the last couple of weeks. I dont think there had been an article that has ever made us the main place he has been going, we have often  been in the last paragraph with other interested clubs.

One Size Fitz Hall is leaving Wigan to go to QPR

few articles i have read have suggested spud, us and man u were after him with man u being the more likely destinationl. Fair play to him showing the club some loyalty obviously ramos wants to get the spuds leaky defence sorted