Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

Why would Redknapp want to come here btw? What hasn't he got there that he'll get here? Money? Doesn't seem to be the case. He's getting a lot of cash from the Russian bloke. Time? No fucking way. A better chance of winning things? Not at this time. The Portsmouth team that he's built is very good and has a lot of potential so why would he leave that behind and come to us?

Potential I suppose.

I disagree. They're building a new stadium, he's got a team flooded with youngster and filled with pace, and he's being backed (heavily) in the transfer market. It's a dream job for any manager, especially for someone who's already highly regarded and loved there. Coming to Newcastle at this time would actually be a massive risk and I'm not sure whether success here would be more valuable than if he did the same at Portsmouth.

And this 'bigger' club nonsense is just that. We're a big club because we have money and have a big stadium. He already has lots of money to spend and pretty soon-ish they'll have a bigger and better stadium (than Fratton Park). There's no logical reason for him to jump ship.

I was agreeing with you, that's the only possible reason I can think of.

I'm kinda shocked to hear this. Back in the summer I wasn't over the moon when Allardyce was appointed, but even I admit he deserved more time to get it right.

Anyway, please no Martin Jol or Redknapp. I would absoultley love lippi here! Mourinho wouldn't be bad either.

argh....here we go again.

The maddest thing about all this is that SA was talking about Diarra this afternoon, whats gone on between now and this afternoon?

Surely his future wont of been decided within the space of a few hours?

He made a pass at Chris Mort, apparently.

Sick of hearing mongs on Sky Sports emailing in - "the football wasn't good enough."

The RESULTS weren't good enough. Just perpetuating this ridiculous myth that we'd love to get relegated as long as we were playing good stuff.

Guest Brewcastle

and just in the middle of the transfer window... we wont sign anyone ffs

Course we will, Lippi knows what he is doing

Even if it wouldn't be Lippi who steps in, it's a good point why this happened now. The new one will get a chance to pick his players.  blueyes.gif

I am very disappointed at the sacking of Sam Allardyce and even more disappointed in the calibre of managers being talked about.

Mark Hughes, Harry Redknapp and Steve McLaren are no better than Sam Allardyce. If we were to appoint Hughes here he would follow Sam's suit because the expectation levels at Blackburn and Bolton respectively are nothing compared to the over inflated opinions of Newcastle United fans. The fact that he lasted 8 months (24 games - 8 wins 10 losses 6 draws) at Newcastle after enjoying 8 years at Bolton and turning them into a prominent Premiership side disgusts me.

Chris Mort's comments as of November 7th 2007 “Success stories at other clubs are often about longevity. The Premier League manager is clearly in a highly pressurised environment – four have gone this season – but the guys who have brought success have been there longer term. Sam is doing a great job.” offers little hope to any open-minded supporter or even manager as they seemed to have been swayed by those fans who crave for Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer leading us to the promised land. We aspire to be like Everton, who have challenged the top four and battled relegation in Moye's tenure.

I know results have not been great, expecially the Liverpool, Portsmouth and Wigan games, but with an improving training ground, an improvement to the reserve side and adopting the sports science route things have been far worse at St. James' Park. There was no barracking for the managers head outside the Milburn reception or chanting against manager or the board for weeks on end, so why have they taken a seemingly rushed decision? The calibre of manager as Alan Oliver reported days ago who 'knocked the socks' off our chairman? Fan pressure? A story that has not yet reached the media about Sam? Off the field problems (Barton)? 

It is another season wrote off already. We give the new manager the rest of the season to try and get us in the top half or face the sack. I'll remind you of a few Allardyce quotes when he was appointed:

"I've left a football club that is very, very healthy so when my time to leave Newcastle does come I hope I have done the same here."

I think Sam can leave knowing he has improved this club slightly in his short time here.

"I'm not saying I can get it right at the flick of a switch. If there are some sticky times I hope we can get over them for the best of the supporters and me."

Were the majority supporters behind him during the tougher times? He certaintly hasn't been given enough time.

Hmm... :undecided: what to say, what to say... I'm in a bit of a shock here...

Well, ON THE BRIGHT SIDE: Finally, I get to see Mort/Ashley TRUE ambitions !! I've been excited ever since the club was bought --> "what's next?"

If they go on to hire a british manager - I'm out

The only thing that can keep me supporting this club ATM is if they bring in a TOP MANAGER...

ANYTHING else will make Newcastle United F.C. lose 1 supporter.

Pretty much sums everything up - I'm fed up with this 'Dramaqueen' stuff at this club - it's pathetic.

Guest tuppence

It will not be McClaren, they aren't that stupid. If it was McClaren I would be shocked beyond words. I'm hoping against hope Mourinho is in the running. Apart from Mark Hughes and Martin O'Neill there isn't a British manager I would want in charge of NUFC, and let's face it why would Martin come here and Blackburn would fight tooth and nail to keep Hughes.

Guy on 6-0-6 makes sense then says he wants George Graham.

Villa cunt on now. What the fuck's it to do with you mate? Exactly, nothing. How about focussing on your own club?

Talksport tactics from the Beeb letting this bloke on.