Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

I'll be pretty underwhelmed if two of these three players are defenders. Really don't think we need any new recruits at the back at all, tbh. Not yet anyway.

Who comes in could be players we don't need as Keegan is coming in with a limited knowledge of the current players and can't even watch 4 of those in training, he's relying on what people are telling him so anything could happen in this window.

I'll be pretty underwhelmed if two of these three players are defenders. Really don't think we need any new recruits at the back at all, tbh. Not yet anyway.

Who comes in could be players we don't need as Keegan is coming in with a limited knowledge of the current players and can't even watch 4 of those in training, he's relying on what people are telling him so anything could happen in this window.

Shearer was saying last night that we need a playmaker to "thread a pass". Hopefully if joins Keegan he can have a word in his lug.

If we get bentley in this window i'd be absolutely ecstatic.

Me too. I'd very much like someone in the middle of the park too though.

I love the way we are all talking about Bentley as if we have been linked. I haven't heard one link to him yet.

Guest clownhat

just some one/couple of ppl with real vision in CM!!! carrick/bently with zog n duff... that would be a pretty cool midfield imo

Guest sicko2ndbest

I love the way we are all talking about Bentley as if we have been linked. I haven't heard one link to him yet.

Last paragraph of Sunday Sun

Keegan is also keen on Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge and winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, with Blackburn’s David Bentley and Dundee United’s Barry Robson other midfielders on his radar.

I would think KK will be watching vids of potential targets? He will have some good scouts and I would bet there are a few more than 3 players on the list. I bet there might be some cheeky bids too after all he only needs one or two class players to come to get others in on the statement of intent. Once the first is in the second becomes easier to persuade after the second the third sees big ambition and then it should snowball from there. His hard job is the first world class player to a certain extent it is not important what position he is its the aura it creates.  

Micah Richards

David Bentley

Nico Krancjar

We'll not get Richards - he is a decent player with promise, and Citeh fans would go ballistic, and rightly so.

Bentley - yeah, good chance of.

Nico Jamjar I've never heard of.

Micah Richards

David Bentley

Nico Krancjar

We'll not get Richards - he is a decent player with promise, and Citeh fans would go ballistic, and rightly so.

Jamjar plays for Portsmouth, scored an almighty FK recently. Son of the Croatian national coach and plays in the middle for the Croatian team that murdered England.

Micah Richards

David Bentley

Nico Krancjar

Jamjar plays for Portsmouth, scored an almighty FK recently. Son of the Croatian national coach and plays in the middle for the Croatian team that murdered England.

Well, you got the top off that jamjar eh ? ;)

Last paragraph of Sunday Sun

Keegan is also keen on Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge and winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, with Blackburn’s David Bentley and Dundee United’s Barry Robson other midfielders on his radar.

I'd love Bentley to come here, play him through the middle and he has the potential to be up at Gerrard's level in a few years time.

I'd take what I read in the Sunday Sun with a pinch of salt though.

I'm almost a 100% certain that we will sign Nedum Onuoha from Man City as Keegan liked him a lot and he isn't getting games there. He is similar to Richards and plays at centre back and right back. Onuoha also formed a promising partnership with our very own Steven Taylor for the England under 21s.

Wayne Bridge might certainly be another option as we have only one left back at the moment.

Then a central midfielder who can dictate play and I imagine Keegan will go for Carrick. Hargreaves, Scholes and Anderson have moved ahead of him now and with all of them fit I don't think Man U will be adverse to selling Carrick.

A winger would also be nice. Wright-Philips or Bentley would be tough deals to do in January with only two weeks left. Maybe Routledge or Barnes could be alternative options for now. Both young players who coud benefit from some guidance from Keegan.

I would be absolutely amazed if we get anywhere near Carrick, SWP or Bentley.

If it happens, then we would have to put it down to the draw of KK as all are in better positions with their current clubs. Bentley of all maybe achievable but I think I can imagine the response from Blackburn

Why are people suggesting defensive players? Its in attack that we are desperate for players, we need pace and creativity. Getting more defenders aint gonna stop us conceding if we cant keep hold of the ball and giving the ball away due to shit passing. Having players who actually know what to do with the ball will ease the pressure off our defenders, i dont care if your Terry or Nesta if you under a lot of pressure you will eventually concede.

We need attacking players who have good passing and good vision, players who can create things. When you have those players it forces teams back and creates more space which creates pressure. Also having players with quality can lift the whole team and crowd when they create a bit of magic.

Why are people suggesting defensive players? Its in attack that we are desperate for players, we need pace and creativity. Getting more defenders aint gonna stop us conceding if we cant keep hold of the ball and giving the ball away due to s*** passing. Having players who actually know what to do with the ball will ease the pressure off our defenders, i dont care if your Terry or Nesta if you under a lot of pressure you will eventually concede.

We need attacking players who have good passing and good vision, players who can create things. When you have those players it forces teams back and creates more space which creates pressure. Also having players with quality can lift the whole team and crowd when they create a bit of magic.

Spot on.