Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

if the alternative is Gignac then it's Gomis for me all day long.

Not long now til we can field a full french 11. Not that I give a shit but the press will be crying about it.

In France he's just under 1 in 3 ratio, have to expect less in the PL. Still, we need bodies at the moment.

The PL is much more open than Ligue 1. He should be looking to hit similar numbers.

Yeah I guess so... I was just wondering about the pace/physicality etc.

He'd be a good signing for us. Not the most consistent goalscorer but a useful player who can, at the very least, be a target man for us. Lots of power and pace, I think he'll do well in this league. Him and Remy in and I'm happy.

Similar to Gouffran then. If he signs let's hope he does score goals, it's all very well having players who are good at lots of things, but at the end of the day someone needs to be hitting the net regularly.

Was he the one who refused to move, forcing the club to sell off one of their promising youngsters to Monaco/PSG?

Yup, refused to move insisting on his choice of club. Lyon had to sell Martial to Monaco to raise funds before a deadline.

Apparently rejected Swansea.

I'm sure we were linked in 2008 before the Euros. :lol:

That said, hope we get him in. Seems decent.

Pretty sure we have been linked to him ever since he was 21 & playing for the french under 21 team. maybe wrong like!

A striker, so :thup: from me.

This will pretty much sum up everyone else's feelings about this. I know fuck all about him and I can't remember what was said about him the first time we were linked with him (but I do seem to remember myself being all for him signing...).

He'd be a good signing for us. Not the most consistent goalscorer but a useful player who can, at the very least, be a target man for us. Lots of power and pace, I think he'll do well in this league. Him and Remy in and I'm happy.

Similar to Gouffran then. If he signs let's hope he does score goals, it's all very well having players who are good at lots of things, but at the end of the day someone needs to be hitting the net regularly.

True but if you look at say Negredo, his goalscoring record is not amazing, had a good season last year as did Gomis. Liek you say though hoping he can get a decent return. Scored from a corner last season  :lol:

Difficult to know what to make of him without having seen him in action. He was the next Drogba a couple of years ago, then he seems to have faded from the scene until last season. If he signs let's hope he's going to turn into Drogba again and not Emile Heskey :lol:

True but if you look at say Negredo, his goalscoring record is not amazing, had a good season last year as did Gomis. Liek you say though hoping he can get a decent return. Scored from a corner last season  :lol:

Difficult to know what to make of him without having seen him in action. He was the next Drogba a couple of years ago, then he seems to have faded from the scene until last season. If he signs let's hope he's going to turn into Drogba again and not Emile Heskey :lol:

Faded from the scene being doing perfectly fine & winning the cup at Lyon whilst occasionally representing France instead of doing perfectly fine & winning the nowt at ASSE whilst occasionally representing France in this case?

At this stage with such a lack of action I will be happy, funny though as a few seasons ago we wanted to sign him. I think it was when we signed Ranger, didn't a few think it was Gomis in the stands watching us play but it was Ranger.

Faded from the scene being doing perfectly fine & winning the cup at Lyon whilst occasionally representing France instead of doing perfectly fine & winning the nowt at ASSE whilst occasionally representing France in this case?

No idea tbh. All I know about him is what I've read on here, and there seems to have been a mixed opinion over the last couple of seasons.