Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

See that's the thing. Tuncay rarely played as a striker for fener or the national team.

He played the same position as Arda and scored more goals. So the comparison is pretty fair.

And Arda is more of a winger than Tuncay, yet Tuncay scores more goals from that position.

I think the kid is gifted and very technical, I just don't think he's suited for the EPL, that's all.

Fair enough I've looked at some info and can see that Tuncay played as both a striker and a left winger.  Its fair to say that Tuncay's overall goal record in Turkey is a touch better then Turan's at the moment, but I've got no idea what Tuncay's record was at 21 and Turan can only improve..

See that's the thing. Tuncay rarely played as a striker for fener or the national team.

He played the same position as Arda and scored more goals. So the comparison is pretty fair.

And Arda is more of a winger than Tuncay, yet Tuncay scores more goals from that position.

I think the kid is gifted and very technical, I just don't think he's suited for the EPL, that's all.

Fair enough I've looked at some info and can see that Tuncay played as both a striker and a left winger.  Its fair to say that Tuncay's overall goal record in Turkey is a touch better then Turan's at the moment, but I've got no idea what Tuncay's record was at 21 and Turan can only improve..

i thought turan was better on the assist also?

He looks a good player, but I dont think he'd be a star in the Premiership.

Same level as someone like Kranjcar imo.

Star enough for me.

good player. can see where tmonkey is coming from though, bit like kranjcar he lacks a burst of pace, and fits neither as a winger, a striker or a midfielder. with turan, he is also pretty small so i don't think he would be suited to a midfield 3. looks very skilful and tricky, mind.

Star enough for me.

good player. can see where tmonkey is coming from though, bit like kranjcar he lacks a burst of pace, and fits neither as a winger, a striker or a midfielder. with turan, he is also pretty small so i don't think he would be suited to a midfield 3. looks very skilful and tricky, mind.

Does size really matter an awful lot? He looked a little bit brash with tackling, barging, etc (made one quality tackle early on though)... but certainly wasn't a pushover.

Star enough for me.

Kranjcar would be an absolute superstar at Newcastle. The creative edge we're missing.

On the note earlier about comparison to Emre; I don't think anyone would be upset if we signed a player of Emre's ability as long as he stayed fit. I don't see many people complaining about Emre in terms of his actual game.

Star enough for me.

Kranjcar would be an absolute superstar at Newcastle. The creative edge we're missing.

On the note earlier about comparison to Emre; I don't think anyone would be upset if we signed a player of Emre's ability as long as he stayed fit. I don't see many people complaining about Emre in terms of his actual game.

Emre has great technical ability but he walks around the pitch. When fit that is. If I was given a chioice of having Turan over Emre I'd snatch their hands off.

Played pretty well so far tonight in my opinion. Some nice touches, creates himself a fair bit of space and has a bit of class about him.

I'm sure he would thrive off having Martins, Owen and Viduka in front of him.

Played pretty well so far tonight in my opinion. Some nice touches, creates himself a fair bit of space and has a bit of class about him.

Well i would not Buy Turan to play in a midfield three if that was what you meant?

If Turkey lose i expect us to be on the phone to him tomorrow.

Unfortunately Keegan's going on Holiday tomorrow for two weeks.

Like he signs the players anyway. :razz:

If Turkey lose i expect us to be on the phone to him tomorrow.

Unfortunately Keegan's going on Holiday tomorrow for two weeks.

Like he signs the players anyway. :razz:

Touché!  :iamatwat:

Well i would not Buy Turan to play in a midfield three if that was what you meant?

I think he'd work well on the left of a midfield three.

I think he'd work well on the left of a midfield three.

I would rather like to see him in the last third of the pitch as much as possible instead of him chasing around all over the pitch. Use his qualitys in the best possible way, and i dont think we would see the best of him in a midfield three. I would rather see two dynamic players there with good passing and the third being a real creative playmaker who makes things tick and can find the space between the opponents midfield and back four..