Stephen Warnock denies handing in transfer request

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Btw if all this is true then I think it's great that we've seemingly put in a shitty low bid and managed to turn his head to the point where he's put in a transfer request. About time we did some thinking outside of the box like this; same with Gutierrez.

£4.5m for Warnock? it will take MORE? just about the biggest pisstake I've ever heard

One thing's for the certain, if he comes in at such a price it'll be as a first choice LB, which is bullshit. Enrique is comfortably our best player under the age of 24 with the exception of Martins and should be a nailed on starter

£4.5m for Warnock? it will take MORE? just about the biggest pisstake I've ever heard

One thing's for the certain, if he comes in at such a price it'll be as a first choice LB, which is bullshit. Enrique is comfortably our best player under the age of 24 with the exception of Martins and should be a nailed on starter

Any much more than £5m and I'll start to agree with you. Don't forget the age-old 'English players' thing though.

Guest Action Verb

One thing's for the certain, if he comes in at such a price it'll be as a first choice LB, which is bullshit. Enrique is comfortably our best player under the age of 24 with the exception of Martins and should be a nailed on starter.

But is he also our best player that likes to have strawberry cheesecake with his coffee?

I personally think that Bassong is our best player between all of our other players that are called Bassong.

It's not an area we desperately need to strengthen - we clearly need another central midfielder and a striker to back-up/compete with Fat Mark. Enrique is a very capable left-back, Bassong in theory can cover, N'Zogbia isn't great but can do it... I ouldn't mind signing a genuine back-up to Enrique after the two above positions are sorted out, but only as a reserve- Enrique improved a lot last year and can probably do so again this year. If he hasn't improved by this time next year, maybe this becomes an issue. But siging someone who will expect first team action will, as we've done in the past, only hamper the progress of a good young player with potential and make him unhappy. It's not necessary at this stage.

One thing's for the certain, if he comes in at such a price it'll be as a first choice LB, which is bullshit. Enrique is comfortably our best player under the age of 24 with the exception of Martins and should be a nailed on starter.

But is he also our best player that likes to have strawberry cheesecake with his coffee?

I personally think that Bassong is our best player between all of our other players that are called Bassong.

very productive

Do people genuinely believe we're making signings in the order of priority/importance KK has given them btw?

This has probably come up purely because of Ince's 'nobody else is leaving' comments. I don't believe we've just given up on the idea of a Modric after getting so close to getting him for so much money.

Do people genuinely believe we're making signings in the order of priority/importance KK has given them btw?

This has probably come up purely because of Ince's 'nobody else is leaving' comments. I don't believe we've just given up on the idea of a Modric after getting so close to getting him for so much money.

I think we've identified where we need players and are signing them as they become available.  It would be stupid to buy in order of priority unless we had a limited budget.

Hear hear.

Hear hear.

Even if you think Enrique is better, we still need someone else to cover there properly. Midfielders and CBs out of position aren't enough iyam. Warnock looks like he wants to come and ticks all the boxes we need.

Hear hear.

To be honest, I only think Enrique is OK.

Warnock is currently better in my opinion. Enrique does too many headless chicken impressions for my liking.

Agree with this. I think Enrique's a good full-back but is prone to rash mistakes. Warnock is more solid and would be more reliable imo so could see why Keegan would sign him as first-choice.

Warnock is hardly Ashley Cole though is he? I can't imagine Warnock will be getting guaranteed first team football if he comes here or be getting excessive wages or anything, so what's the problem?

If Enrique plays as well as he's capable of then he'll get his place ahead of him.

We need another LB, and I'd rather get someone solid like Warnock who can actually be of use than signing some useless back-up just for the sake of guaranteeing Enrique his spot in the team.

I'd be happy with him as he's a decent LB and there would be a great competition between him and Enrique for that position. As Keegan has said, Jose really needs someone proper to compete with. Can only improve him, and the team as a whole.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

what happened with Taiwo?

He is supposed to be introduce tomorrow as our newest signing alongside Colo,acording to some people on this board.

IMO Taiwo has alot more potential then Warnock and Enrique.

I'll be happy if we sign him.

dont know warnock that well but he sounds like a ok signing if the price isnt too high! if we pay less than 3 mill it would be ok i guess. But when we bought bassong i thought he would be back up for enrique?....anyway competion is good and it would be nice to see charles Z. in his right position as an attacking winger! He could be really good if kk sorted him out (attitude,motivation) ...regular first team football would do wonders...i hope....he can score goals and assist....just what we need! duff would be decent back up for now if he can maintain pre-season form!

In fact....im getting excited and ready for the new season.....think we are close to what we need or what is realistic to get in 1 window.

sign warnock or taiwo, keep milner and then we should only concentrate on bringing in central midfielders (defensive and attacking)

if we cant get the right striker this window....then wait...no need to panic!!!

very productive

i think he's got a point actually

very productive

i think he's got a pointy knob actually

you what?  :-X

very productive

i think he's got a pointy knob actually

you what?  :-X

even though he made his point with humour (matter of opinion i know), what the hell has enrique being our second best player under the age of 24 got to do with it? nufc needs to improve and compete now, not in two seasons, now. and if warnock's available at the right price, and kk thinks he'll improve our defence (i do) then he should be bought and played.