Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle owner, is prepared to open one final round of talks aimed at reaching a compromise agreement that would pave the way for a return to St James’ Park for Kevin Keegan to manage the club for a third time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/2911324/Doors-still-ajar-for-Kevin-Keegan-to-return-to-Newcastle---Football.html

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle owner, is prepared to open one final round of talks aimed at reaching a compromise agreement that would pave the way for a return to St James’ Park for Kevin Keegan to manage the club for a third time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/2911324/Doors-still-ajar-for-Kevin-Keegan-to-return-to-Newcastle---Football.html

Wey hey. Not a single quote to be found

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle owner, is prepared to open one final round of talks aimed at reaching a compromise agreement that would pave the way for a return to St James Park for Kevin Keegan to manage the club for a third time.

If there's any truth in this i'll honestly give Ashley loads of credit for at least giving it his best to try and retain Keegan back.

As much as i would like to call this another shit media story they were right about all the Keegan/Ashley bust-ups in the end :undecided:

Both Ashley and Keegan take the blame for what happend today,

At least half the team who started are poor & the ratio could be higher on the subs bench. Don't let  MA V KK distract you from the fact the team/squad is small & s****.

True, but to be fair i used to play club football and i honestly can tell that a change of managers, espically ones with the charisma of Keegan is enough to shake any players confidence, the players all loved him and to see him leave just like that must've had its effect on them.

If there's any truth in this i'll honestly give Ashley loads of credit for at least giving it his best to try and retain Keegan back.

As much as i would like to call this another shit media story they were right about all the Keegan/Ashley bust-ups in the end :undecided:

I noticed in the article they used the line "A week of tentative negotiations saw the pair meet on Friday night in a bid to reach a compromise". Am I missing something but none of the media have been reporting this week that they have still been negotiating. Thats why the revelations of them meeting on Friday came as such a shock.

Guest black n white

Can I change the thread title to "Century Radio: More talks planned, KK likely to return"? Imagine the hell-on! :lol:

No! :lol:

aaww

scanned the waves

3 sources confirmed that  more talks were possible

2 sources confirmed via club sources  from club insider that the door had not been closed

Guest black n white

3 sources confirmed that  more talks were possible

2 sources confirmed via club sources  from club insider that the door had not been closed

How tenious is that  :lol:

;D its true tho

suck them balls ashley

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle owner, is prepared to open one final round of talks aimed at reaching a compromise agreement that would pave the way for a return to St James Park for Kevin Keegan to manage the club for a third time.

It'll be his ploy to get in the away end at West Ham.

I can't agree with people saying this is Keegan's fault. The blame lies at Ashley and the boards door, simple. Look at all the evidence.

there is no evidence and we should blame only when we found out where the blame lies

I can't agree with people saying this is Keegan's fault. The blame lies at Ashley and the boards door, simple. Look at all the evidence.

Most of the blame but again Keegan has a LOT to answer for for leaving us in a ditch. He can shove his so called sense of integrity.

I think the performance today (losing poorly against a team we should be comfortably beating) has made many question Keegan. It showed where we are on the pitch as a result of him resigning, and it isn't good.

I think the performance today (losing poorly against a team we should be comfortably beating) has made many question Keegan. It showed where we are on the pitch as a result of him resigning, and it isn't good.

The only person who should be questioned is the man responsible for the overall quality and quantity of the squad - will he have the guts to take responsibility for it? - will he fuck.

I wonder if Ashley/Wide had expected to confirm Poyet or one of the spanish pair as manager, and has been suprised at the rejections.  Is he now thinking "what have I done??"

I'm sure that he wouldn't have been talking to KK if they were getting positive vibes from their spanish speaking coaches.

that was interesting... hadnt realised that Keegan had flown in from Spain especially for the meeting with Mike Ashley

Shows how keen Keegan is to make it work?

[/straws]

Nah thats a fair point Dave. Your sitting in Spain, playing golf, sitting on the beach away from the UK press. So easy for him just to tell Ashley to "piss off and speak my lawyers" but he didnt. He made the effort to come back

Right, Dave/other members, what's the latest?

Last night they failed to reach 'satisfactory conclusion'.

Are there MORE talks going on since last night?

Just going off Century FM and the Telegraph, both of whom reckon further talks are planned.

Right, Dave/other members, what's the latest?

Last night they failed to reach 'satisfactory conclusion'.

Are there MORE talks going on since last night?

Just going off Century FM and the Telegraph, both of whom reckon further talks are planned.

Cheers Dave mate. Being from Hull myself, I don't really have access to Tyne based sources, cheers mate.

Thought it would be best to get foreign in, but KK back with Wise out would be immense. Keep the recruitment team of course, but get rid of Wise.

Crawl over broken glass to bring him back.

This

Agreed

I think my emotional attachment to Keegan is maybe clouding my judgement on this one. I'd jump for joy if i saw him in the dugout for West Ham, literally, i think i'd actually cry with joy. But if everything is still in place as it was when he resigned, then i'm a bit unsure... it could all fall apart again months down the line. Maybe time to draw the line and get a better option to bare fruit from this system.

Obviously, if it's Keegan in, Wise out - then it's all good.

Do u blame KK for resigning then?