West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Been reading all the stuff on here about him being a tosser who thinks he has made it, and I suppose I was maybe 'brain-washed' into agreeing with it all, so took the decision to start him with a bit of derision (even though I thought he did great against Juve in the pre-season friendly)

But I was wrong, and thought he had a great game today, really putting himself about and holding the ball well, as well as scoring a good goal. Well done to him. I, for one, will be giving him more of a chance from now on.  :clap:

He's disgustingly strong, absolutely crazy physical strength.

For that reason alone I think he'll make it in the Premiership as a utility player at the very least even if he only improves marginally.

If he can be coached into being a "smarter" target-man, improves his poor technique, and gets into the grove of Premiership first-team football... Who knows? Could turn out to be a pretty good player one day.

Been reading all the stuff on here about him being a tosser who thinks he has made it, and I suppose I was maybe 'brain-washed' into agreeing with it all, so took the decision to start him with a bit of derision (even though I thought he did great against Juve in the pre-season friendly)

But I was wrong, and thought he had a great game today, really putting himself about and holding the ball well, as well as scoring a good goal. Well done to him. I, for one, will be giving him more of a chance from now on.  :clap:

Just because he played well today and ok at Hull doesnt mean he isnt a tosser that thinks he has made it still.

I wouldnt know either way though, just saying.

Lost the ball a bit too much for my liking. That's the major flaw in his game but if he can sort that he may just make it as a bit part Premiership player/top level Championship player.

As for all those who think he's a tosser, do fuck off. Do you know the lad? If not then your opinion is null and void. Okay, he has a shite hairstyle but it doesn't instantly mean he's an arsehole.

Like I said in the match thread, he won nearly every ball in the air against the defenders today.

Despite his goal like, his touch isn't brilliant nor is his ability to play.

He's good for what we need now (a big strong player up front to win the ball and head it on to the players that can play), but no more than that.

Hats off to him though, he took his goal very well.

Can forgive him some dodgy touches and over-enthusiastic passes at the moment, the premiership must be a lot faster than the football he's used to, and he must be nervous as owt.

Seems like he put himself about well today, and took his goal very well - no complaints.

In the current situation, I wouldn't give a flying f**k what he thinks of himself, how he apparently acts. Jonas could be an utter t**t of the highest order in everyday life. The fact is by all accounts he had a decent game today. This doesn't suddenly mean he's amazing but imo warrants being used in future games more readily, so he can prove himself.

You do realize, if he scores tomorrow, this will become his "lucky hair do" and it'll never go away... never...

NOOOOO! I was right :lol:

Carroll shocked team-mates by turning up for training with his hair in braids this week but the new hairstyle paid off with a superb glancing header against West Ham.

After the clash with West Ham, Carroll said: "I've had some stick for it and I probably will get even more now.

"I had been growing it but decided to go for the change.

"But after scoring my first goal with the hair like this I will be keeping it."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/10/nufc-goal-hero-andy-carroll-to-stick-with-new-look-72703-22666508/