West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brendan Rodgers is making his first big mistake by getting rid of Carroll, through a loan or otherwise.

When on song he is a right nightmare for defenders to deal with.

This. Perfect chance to give Carroll the motivation he needs to get back to where he was with us, all Rodgers had to do was back him. Very poor move imo, but he obviously doesnt think he can handle him. Complete tosh about him not fitting into a 4-3-3 he should be the center piece.

Got to agree, maybe Rodgers just sees a chance to get rid and thinks he might not be worth the hassle.

Guest Roger Kint

Rodgers had Graham in his Swansea team, dont think Carroll is that far from being able to manage tbh

Edit: What he said ^^  :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Rodgers had Graham in his Swansea team, dont think Carroll is that far from being able to manage tbh

Edit: What he said ^^  :lol:

Graham is miles better technically.

Miles? No.

Carroll is almost certainly better player than Graham imo but he had Graham running the channels, playing on the shoulder and moving in his system effectively - stretching the game as well as bringing others into play. Borini and Suarez will both do this but I'm not sure whether he thinks he can get Carroll to. People criticise Carroll for his touch and 'skill' level when his main weakness (at Liverpool certainly anyway) is just how static he has been.

Carroll is almost certainly better player than Graham imo but he had Graham running the channels, playing on the shoulder and moving in his system effectively - stretching the game as well as bringing others into play. Borini and Suarez will both do this but I'm not sure whether he thinks he can get Carroll to. People criticise Carroll for his touch and 'skill' level when his main weakness (at Liverpool certainly anyway) is just how static he has been.

I agree with that. :thup:

Think his lack of movement also eventuated from his lack of confidence. He was reluctant to move, as a chance may present itself, where if he missed, people would be on his back even more. Still think he can develop into a very good premier league footballer ( 15 goals a season). Hes an incredible player to have in your side at set pieces, I think Rodgers would be stupid to let him go for this reason alone.

Think his lack of movement also eventuated from his lack of confidence. He was reluctant to move, as a chance may present itself, where if he missed, people would be on his back even more. Still think he can develop into a very good premier league footballer ( 15 goals a season). Hes an incredible player to have in your side at set pieces, I think Rodgers would be stupid to let him go for this reason alone.

I don't think he has the off the ball movement needed for such a way of playing tbh, i agree with the rest though.

I don't think they should let him go, but nor do i think they should sell him/loan him. He could be a good plan B as mentioned above but i'm not sure he fit's the system well enough to be an important piece of the jigsaw.

Btw, it's clear that Carroll doesn't fit into Rodgers' footballing philosophy. The lad is useful as muscle in the air but that's simply not how Rodgers' style. The Carroll of old (those 6 months towards the end of 2010) might have been useful in a pass and play system - I'll even go as far as saying that he might have even thrived under it but the Carroll of today seems to be better suited to the long ball and the game of strength.

Guest BooBoo

Footballing philosophy? I don't know who Brendan Rodgers thinks he is. He's rolling on the back of one reasonable season in the top flight. Hardly makes him the next Mourinho.