Ryan Taylor

Dave

Nearly spat my butty out when I read that article at lunchtime. Disgraceful. Sick of hearing him bang on about how shit Enrique is and how magnificent Butt, Duff and Shola are. Use your fucking eyes you moron. I expect the same pathetic platitudes about Alan Smith when he returns and walks into the team.

Enrique position is under threat

Feb 5 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Jose Enrique

JOE KINNEAR has demanded even more from Spanish left-back Jose Enrique going into Newcastle United’s daunting Premier League run-in.

Enrique will feel he has done enough to stay in the team against West Brom after the 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

But Kinnear has a big decision to make ahead of the trip on Saturday and must decide how to use new boy Ryan Taylor at the Hawthorns.

The England Under-21 star can play in a range of positions and has starred out wide on both flanks for Wigan and at right-back and left-back.

And with Kinnear unlikely to drop Damien Duff, Jonas Gutierrez or Steven Taylor, Enrique could be the unfortunate one against the Baggies despite going into the game on the back of one his best performances in a black-and- white shirt.

However, Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I told him at half- time, you’re not giving what I expect from you.

“He’s got all the potential to be a top-class left-back.

“He just sits at times.

“He was our get-out ball, without a shadow of a doubt.

“I didn’t think he did enough in the first half, so I had words with him at half-time, and I thought he did exceptionally well in the second half.”

Indeed Enrique was a big threat for the Magpies down the left-hand side and linked up superbly with Jonas before later admitting he likes to link up down the flank with the Argentine international.

The selection dilemma is a welcome one for Kinnear, who also has Kevin Nolan and Nicky Butt lined up for places in the engine room and must perm two strikers from Andy Carroll, Oba Martins, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and Xisco.

However, reflecting on the capabilities of Enrique, Kinnear says: "When he gets in that last third of the pitch, he can hurt teams.

“Sometimes he’s just prepared to sit on his backside in that position and let the game drift away from him.”

United have also been buoyed by the news that Michael Owen is making excellent progress from the ankle injury sustained at Manchester City.

Owen is out of contention for West Brom and the home clash with Everton on February 22, but is targeting the trip to Bolton on March 1.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/05/enrique-position-is-under-threat-72703-22861294/

He's suspended  :doh:

Enrique position is under threat

Feb 5 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Jose Enrique

JOE KINNEAR has demanded even more from Spanish left-back Jose Enrique going into Newcastle United’s daunting Premier League run-in.

Enrique will feel he has done enough to stay in the team against West Brom after the 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

But Kinnear has a big decision to make ahead of the trip on Saturday and must decide how to use new boy Ryan Taylor at the Hawthorns.

The England Under-21 star can play in a range of positions and has starred out wide on both flanks for Wigan and at right-back and left-back.

And with Kinnear unlikely to drop Damien Duff, Jonas Gutierrez or Steven Taylor, Enrique could be the unfortunate one against the Baggies despite going into the game on the back of one his best performances in a black-and- white shirt.

However, Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I told him at half- time, you’re not giving what I expect from you.

“He’s got all the potential to be a top-class left-back.

“He just sits at times.

“He was our get-out ball, without a shadow of a doubt.

“I didn’t think he did enough in the first half, so I had words with him at half-time, and I thought he did exceptionally well in the second half.”

Indeed Enrique was a big threat for the Magpies down the left-hand side and linked up superbly with Jonas before later admitting he likes to link up down the flank with the Argentine international.

The selection dilemma is a welcome one for Kinnear, who also has Kevin Nolan and Nicky Butt lined up for places in the engine room and must perm two strikers from Andy Carroll, Oba Martins, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and Xisco.

However, reflecting on the capabilities of Enrique, Kinnear says: "When he gets in that last third of the pitch, he can hurt teams.

“Sometimes he’s just prepared to sit on his backside in that position and let the game drift away from him.”

United have also been buoyed by the news that Michael Owen is making excellent progress from the ankle injury sustained at Manchester City.

Owen is out of contention for West Brom and the home clash with Everton on February 22, but is targeting the trip to Bolton on March 1.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/05/enrique-position-is-under-threat-72703-22861294/

He's suspended  :doh:

fuckin hell, he's 26 now isn't he?  talk about your positive spin

:kinnear:

Ryan Taylor: I'll play anywhere

Feb 6 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE UNITED new boy Ryan Taylor has vowed to play anywhere in order to help the Magpies retain their Premier League status.

The Scouse star has had a whirlwind week on Tyneside after joining the club from Wigan on deadline day.

And he is now hoping to cap it all off with three points against West Brom, with the utility man geared up for his Toon debut at The Hawthorns tomorrow.

The England Under-21 star must wait to see exactly where Joe Kinnear will field him in his first appearance for the black-and- whites.

But United are sweating on Fabricio Coloccini, meaning that Steven Taylor may revert to centre-back.

However, in the aftermath of verbal volleys by Charles N’Zogbia and Shay Given, Geordie fans will be delighted to hear a player making positive noises about pulling on a Toon shirt once again.

Taylor made a passionate plea when he told the Chronicle: “I don’t care where I play.

“I’ve got my own preferred position which is right-back.

“But if you get that shirt, then you must give 100% wherever you are told to play.

“If the gaffer wants me to play a different role I’ll be happy to do that. I just want to play and pull on a shirt.

“As soon as I heard Newcastle were interested, I wanted to make the move. It all happened in such a short space of time.

“There were no second thoughts – it was just a case of ‘I’d love to go and play for a club like this’.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/06/ryan-taylor-i-ll-play-anywhere-72703-22870466/

Ryan Taylor: I'll play anywhere

Feb 6 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE UNITED new boy Ryan Taylor has vowed to play anywhere in order to help the Magpies retain their Premier League status.

The Scouse star has had a whirlwind week on Tyneside after joining the club from Wigan on deadline day.

And he is now hoping to cap it all off with three points against West Brom, with the utility man geared up for his Toon debut at The Hawthorns tomorrow.

The England Under-21 star must wait to see exactly where Joe Kinnear will field him in his first appearance for the black-and- whites.

But United are sweating on Fabricio Coloccini, meaning that Steven Taylor may revert to centre-back.

However, in the aftermath of verbal volleys by Charles N’Zogbia and Shay Given, Geordie fans will be delighted to hear a player making positive noises about pulling on a Toon shirt once again.

Taylor made a passionate plea when he told the Chronicle: “I don’t care where I play.

“I’ve got my own preferred position which is right-back.

“But if you get that shirt, then you must give 100% wherever you are told to play.

“If the gaffer wants me to play a different role I’ll be happy to do that. I just want to play and pull on a shirt.

“As soon as I heard Newcastle were interested, I wanted to make the move. It all happened in such a short space of time.

“There were no second thoughts – it was just a case of ‘I’d love to go and play for a club like this’.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/06/ryan-taylor-i-ll-play-anywhere-72703-22870466/

Oh fucking hell, don't let :kinnear: read that.

He'll have him playing in goal.

Love the hate for JK....I just other people other than those in this forum think the same way about JK.  But I'm sure there are some 'true' fans out there who think Duff, Shola and Butt are the backbone of our team.

It really does p*ss me off that JK lauds those three to the skies....please get him out....before he does any more damage.....

edit: I was actually happy when we appointed him as I thought he would only last a month until we found a 'proper' manager and he was decent during that 3-4 week period after the crazy Keegan fiasco. But why? why? why? WHY are we letting this idiot go on??? WHY???

Please don't give Kinnear a new contract, please don't give Kinnear a new contract, please don't give Kinnear a new contract, please don't give Kinnear a new contract, please don't give Kinnear a new contract, please don't give Kinnear a new contract, please don't give Kinnear a new contract.

Pretty please. :angel:

Kinnear tried his best to lower N'Zogbia's value, now he's trying to lower the price of another player he wants rid of.

He's entitled to his opinion, but why pull a player to bits so publicly? What's it going to achieve?

Genius, sheer genius.

Guest optimistic nit

I don't have a problem with managers trying to get more out of their players at half-time, even if they're playing well (within reason like). It's coming out to the press and divulging precise dressing room information, and explaining how you basically think one of your players is crap - that ticks me off. Especially considering the window is now over and you're stuck with him, like it or not.

Idiot.

to be fair to kinnear, he hasn't said he thinks enrique is crap, his quotes praise him quite a bit, its just the article puts a negative enrique spin on it.

he was just plain wrong in thinking enrique had a bad first half mind, although he was very good in the second so maybe the words had an effect. that period where jonas and jose kept the ball on the left for what must have been over a minute while sunderland players were being beaten again and again was funny to watch although if they had crossed a bit earlier it would have given carrol or shola a chance to show how utterly shit they are (again) to kinnear and maybe get them both off the field for west brom.

I think you'll find Enrique lobbed on the bench and Ryan taylor taking the left back position, shame really cause Enrique has improved vastly and I think he's doing well.

Jose needs to be picked every match (fitness allowing) as he's finally getting to grips with the English game. He was reassuringly 'physical' against Sunderland.

The fact that this is even being discussed as Ryan v Enrique is madness tbh. Enrique whatever his faults, didn't hide and took the fight to the mackems. Ryan is the January signing I'm actually quite excited about. He's young, got a good right foot and offers genuine competition to Beye at right back. Both should be in the team against WBA.