The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8053129.stm

Reading have released goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann, Graeme Murty, Leroy Lita and Michael Duberry in the wake of their failure to win promotion back to the Barclays Premier League.

Some people on here often said they wouldn't mind Leroy Lita. Well he's free now. I can't see NUFC wanting him, especially as a Championship side are releasing him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8053129.stm

Reading have released goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann, Graeme Murty, Leroy Lita and Michael Duberry in the wake of their failure to win promotion back to the Barclays Premier League.

Some people on here often said they wouldn't mind Leroy Lita. Well he's free now. I can't see NUFC wanting him, especially as a Championship side are releasing him.

Once upon in a time he had potsenial. It's too late now!

Beckford & Delph might be available now.

Are they any good? Heard about Delph before i think, haven't we been linked with him before?

having being to Elland Road a few times this season I think their best prospect is Beechio. Delph is good and we should go for him certainly. As for Beckford, if we're in the championship - yes. although he's a 24 karat cunt. In the premiership he absolutely will not cut it, poor natural footballing ability

Are they any good? Heard about Delph before i think, haven't we been linked with him before?

having being to Elland Road a few times this season I think their best prospect is Beechio. Delph is good and we should go for him certainly. As for Beckford, if we're in the championship - yes. although he's a 24 karat c***. In the premiership he absolutely will not cut it, poor natural footballing ability

Becchio is a decent player, but he's 25 and has spent most of his career in the Spanish lower divisions, I doubt he'd be good enough for the Premiership and probably wont get much better. Delph is a huge prospect though, only 19 and looks far too good for League One, future England player. I agree with you about Beckford.

So, if we're Premier League next year sign Delph.

Championship, we could do alot worse than signing either one of their strikers.

Looks like bentley is out of spurs.. anyone take him on the cheap now his oversized ego has been given a kicking?

definitely, if we stay up, i would try to get him and pennant

howay boys, what world are you living in?  i despair sometimes

Probably been said before, but Zaki might be worth a shot. Bruce has been having clear trouble with him but he looked class before that, might be worth the risk if shearer believes he can get the lad under control. They're very similar in the way they play, hed be able to teach him easily what he did himself.

Guest defo

Some of the players mentioned are being chased by much better and richer teams. Hangeland is apparently being looked at by Arsenal and Man City and has been one of the best defenders in the country so is going to be expensive and wouldn't come anyway, Bent is top scorer at Spurs and being chased by Villa and Everton and won't go for less than 10 mill so will be going elsewhere.  Pennant might be a good shout though, he hasn't exactly done anything of note at Portsmouth and won't be in demand - but that begs the question why on earth pay the stupid wages he will want?

Probably been said before, but Zaki might be worth a shot. Bruce has been having clear trouble with him but he looked class before that, might be worth the risk if shearer believes he can get the lad under control. They're very similar in the way they play, hed be able to teach him easily what he did himself.

Think Bruce has been quoted as saying there are 3 or 4 premiership clubs after him who could offer him better terms than Wigan mate.

Just talked to a mate of mine who's a youth player at Rosenborg, and according to him we've for a FOURTH time since last summer enquired about Per Ciljan Skjelbred's price and availability. Fulham, Villa, Tolouse and Torino have also enquired for the same recently.

having being to Elland Road a few times this season I think their best prospect is Beechio. Delph is good and we should go for him certainly. As for Beckford, if we're in the championship - yes. although he's a 24 karat cunt. In the premiership he absolutely will not cut it, poor natural footballing ability

Has Beckford lost his footballing ability since he left Scunthorpe then?

it's absolutely shambolic, nowhere near premiership standard and never will be

Didn't say he'd be good enough for the Premiership, and it was an honest question. He had bags of ability at Scunny (look on youtube for the goal of the season goal).

Just talked to a mate of mine who's a youth player at Rosenborg, and according to him we've for a FOURTH time since last summer enquired about Per Ciljan Skjelbred's price and availability. Fulham, Villa, Tolouse and Torino have also enquired for the same recently.

I'm no fan of norwegian football, or players at all, but even i can see that he could have a bright future if he's given the chance.

And on top of that he really like's Newcastle and if we were in for him i could imagine him going for a contract with us instead of the others if we just asked him to come play.

He wouldn't have a bright future if he signed for us though. Surely he has an agent pointing that out to him?

I would think the opposite, he has the chance to come in as an underdog and perform well, and actually look good instead of these kittens playing for us now.

Can you think of a player who has EVER done that for us?

I would think the opposite, he has the chance to come in as an underdog and perform well, and actually look good instead of these kittens playing for us now.

Bassong?

Bassong?

Oops, I didn't mean to upset the Bassong fans ;)